cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to share report composer (XL reporter)reports in network

Former Member
0 Kudos

User had created XL report using drag and drop and save in B1_shared folder both another network user can view the rcr file and double click without any effect?

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

do you want to edit the report layout in Excel or the actual report generation itself?

If just the layout, I'm not sure you need to distribute the .rcr file in order to be able to share this - if the user runs XL Reporter from within SAP and has the correct rights assigned, they can edit this report from within XL Reporter.

e.g I created a Report on one machine logged in as User A.

Then I published the report to one of the SAP Menus.

Later I logged in as user B on another machine, and started XL Reporter. I was able to see the published report, right-click and edit the report layout.

If you want to actually be able to use the report composer function as opposed to editing the layout, then you can just go into XL Reporter, go to the Designer, and choose "File->Open", and open the .rcr file from the network.

I tried associating the .rcr files with all the XLR executables on a client machine, none of them can open it because XLReporter can only be launched from within SAP.

Hope this helps.

Answers (0)