Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Populating the G/L account field based on Material in the SC

HI aLL,

We are runnin on SRM 4.0 (classic).I have a reqt wherein the G/L account which comes in the "Cost assignment details" should be populated at run time (when items are added to SC) based on the material no/Product ID....

I found out a BADI...BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT which is used to determine the G/L account but not sure at whci point this BADI is triggered...i inserted a poup message in a sample implementatiuon of this BADI..but it doesnt show me the popup message when i click on the "ADD TO SHOPPING CART" button on teh SC creatio screen wheerin i can test that this is the BADI which i s called at teh time items are added to teh SC and will populate the G/L account field with teh proper value form teh backend.

Also for the G/L account value for the Material,is there any std table which stores the link between product/valuation class and G/l account in SRM itself so that my RFC call to teh backend is saved in this BADI implementation??

regards,

Disha.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Disha

Not sure if I understood you right. I've implemented this BAdI BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT and it works fine so far. I can add an item to the SC and then go to the item details to see the accounting data. There the G/L account corresponds to the one that was determined at run time by the BAdI implementation.

The standard table in R/3 backend is T030. For described requirements (no known material id) you have to specify a product category. Valuation classes can be assigned to product categories in table T023 (in R/3 backend as well).

Unfortunately the SRM standards do not take into account the standard account determination as it is known and working in R/3 systems. For this you'll have to implement the BAdI BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT.

Maybe this thread is of interest for you?

How to have backend account determination working SRM

HTH

Renaud

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question