cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating the G/L account field based on Material in the SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI aLL,

We are runnin on SRM 4.0 (classic).I have a reqt wherein the G/L account which comes in the "Cost assignment details" should be populated at run time (when items are added to SC) based on the material no/Product ID....

I found out a BADI...BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT which is used to determine the G/L account but not sure at whci point this BADI is triggered...i inserted a poup message in a sample implementatiuon of this BADI..but it doesnt show me the popup message when i click on the "ADD TO SHOPPING CART" button on teh SC creatio screen wheerin i can test that this is the BADI which i s called at teh time items are added to teh SC and will populate the G/L account field with teh proper value form teh backend.

Also for the G/L account value for the Material,is there any std table which stores the link between product/valuation class and G/l account in SRM itself so that my RFC call to teh backend is saved in this BADI implementation??

regards,

Disha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha

Not sure if I understood you right. I've implemented this BAdI BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT and it works fine so far. I can add an item to the SC and then go to the item details to see the accounting data. There the G/L account corresponds to the one that was determined at run time by the BAdI implementation.

The standard table in R/3 backend is T030. For described requirements (no known material id) you have to specify a product category. Valuation classes can be assigned to product categories in table T023 (in R/3 backend as well).

Unfortunately the SRM standards do not take into account the standard account determination as it is known and working in R/3 systems. For this you'll have to implement the BAdI BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT.

Maybe this thread is of interest for you?

HTH

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renaud,

Thanks a ton for the reply....But i had one query reagrding the field item_data-PRODUCT_SRC_SYS....at runtime this field is not getting populated ..is there any additional settings required for this in SPRO???Anybody has any idea on this?

regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha

Yes, this is really an annoying thing and becomes a bit more complicated in case you have materials from different backend systems.

If you only have one, then you could try to determine the value out of the ACS attribute in PPOMA. Or, instead of this, you could do a lookup in table BBP_BACKEND_DEST or even better BBP_DET_LOGSYS (both on SRM Server)?

HTH

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Disha,

if you have replicated products, you can retrieve the source system in COMM_PRODUCT-LOGSYS.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renaud/Christophe,

I used the FM BBP_LOGICAL_SYSTEM_BY_TYPE to retrive the RFC destination value but still i feel that the Item_data should have picked up the value for the log system since we ahve only 1 backend system....

Once again ..thanks to u all... for the kind attention!

regards,

Disha.

Answers (0)