SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Installations through EG31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

While I am trying to Full Installations through EG31 , During that time I am getting an error message Equipment category I is inconsistently defined

Message no. EN268

Diagnosis

I is an IS-U equipment category and has equipment reference category S.

The usage history update is activated for equipment category I. However, you have entered functional location field as not relevant for history for equipment reference category S. This is not permissible.

My input field is Installation, Activity Date, Device,

Could you please help me on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Indu

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

There are certain materials that are associated with certain Categories. In case you input the wrong material it is bound to give you an error. e.g In my case I have a material 1000014 which is associated with the Catgory " I" but if i try to input some other material it gives me an error. Try creating a device correctly.

Regards,

Nehal

0 Kudos

Hi Indu

The problem is u have craeted ur equipment in IE01 with category S vich is customer equipment so the entire device model is changed .so better u create a new equipment with category I vich z 4 ISU equipment.Then the proceednig screens are differnt and now u will b abl 2 get it done in full installation.

Kr

raj

0 Kudos

Hi indu ,

is the issue resolved???lwish 2 know if my siolution owkred

kr

raj