cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem related to Printing on 2nd Page in Smartforms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want data to be printed on two pages , for that I have used the template for the two pages which is added under main window and under main window of page 1 I have used command and in that i called page 2 , but still nothing is coming on page 2. Please suggest where i am wrong? and solution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member217544
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

Just a suggestion. Try checking in debug mode whether there is enough data to extend the output till second page.

Regards,

Swarna Munukoti.

former_member205060
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi dear,

Either you define New page 2 and then give command for the next page or just use command line go to new page.Next or second page will be displayed .

Regards ,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I have defined page 2 and to call the second page I used command in page 1 main window. but still its not working.

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guessing some thing is restricting to go to the command..

try moving the command at the end of first page after all windows...all prg. line... completely at the end of first page..

former_member205060
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Abhinav,

i think you must not have tik the check box Command .

please verfy it and also about if a blank page is being appeared.

regards ,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I have ticked the check box which will take to the 2nd page and also it is showing blank 2nd page but not going on the template which I put under main window in 2nd page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Abhinav,

Whether Two Pages are different formats ( Two pages of Main Windows ) or When first page main window is having more data and after filling main window then it is going to next page.

Can you explain briefly ur problem.

Thanx & Regards

Rami Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rami Reddy,

I have the format which will be dispalyed on pages. for that I have created two pages both the pages have same format and for both I have used template instead of table as I have fixed data and as such I donn't have any problem of moving of first page data on second . now inthe end of pirst page in main window I used command to call second page . but when I am tsting it it is calling second bage but not the data on second page. I hope I have explained my problem . if still u face any problem in understanding it plz ell me .

Now I m waiting for the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhinav,

It is for sure that u will be jumping to next page if u use command in the main window... Once next page processing starts the process flows from top window to bottom window in the order it is shown in the tree...So please keep break points in each window and check from where u are exiting out of the smartform.... Because once command is executed ur in next page but i think ur processing is not happening in the next page... so a blank page is displayed...

Thanks & Regards,

Shafivullah Mohammad

former_member205060
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Abhinav,

what you have done, you have created the templet on main window, if you want to move your templet on next page, you have to create a window size ( as per your requirment on the main window ) and then create templete on this window and your problem will be solved .

regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad,

i have applied that too through that i found that it is not reaching to template . but the problem is why? can you help me in that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhinav,

Can u please tell the windows that u have in first page and next page in the order u can see in the left hand side tree...

If u r unable to reach to template means ur processing is getting stuck before that so please put break points in windows preceding the template and check where exactly ur exiting... once u get that spot then some diagnosis will help u to resolve the issue...

Regards,

Shafivullah Mohammad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is entring in second page but existing before template being execued.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Abhinav,

I got the point that u can switch to next page but because of some reason u r exiting the second page....but without seeing SMARTFORM no one can tell y u r exiting... it might be because of ur logical error or window resizing or it may be anything... so first u need to explore where it is exiting and then y it is exiting...

Regards,

Shafivullah Mohammad

former_member217544
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhinav,

Just check if this link helps you in anyway:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Mainwindowinpage2

Regards,

Swarna Munukoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Abhinav,

As per my knowledge blank page is displaying because data is sufficient for first page only and you are forcebly triggering new page command. that's why you are getting blank page in second page.

Put the conditions in the command window like

When it is last page it should not trigger command(new page command) like ( if sfsy-page ne sfsy-formpages at that time only it should trigger ).

I hope it will work.

Regards

Rami Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tell me one thing if i make the main window of second page as final then it will solve my problem or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For page1, in the output options, give the next page as second page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have used template as I have fixed fields and data and i have used page 2 in output of page 1.still not gettig the desired result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use table instead of a template. If you use a table in the mainwindow the data will automatically continue to the next page if the first page is filled and still the internal table used in the table has more data to display.

FYI... Only table will grow and not the template..