Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database connection failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to create new connection to Oracle DB 10.1,

I could not see any drivers in my xMII(12.0) - System Management - JDBC Drivers . connection status is stopped.

Please let me know if I need to install drivers or are they available with xMII. & guide me to establish connection

Many Thanks,

polaku.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to upload the corresponding drivers through SystemManagement -> JDBC Drivers -> Upload button.

Once you upload the driver you can check the connection status through DataServices -> ConnectionStatus.

Thanks

Rajesh Sivaprakasam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done exactly as explianed, but still the status of connection is "Error". Could you please guide me to fix it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please provide more information on how you are trying to connect.

Ex : through which connector?

You can also see details about connectivity using data servers by SAP Note 943237.

Thanks

Rajesh Sivaprakasam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I am tryingto ocnnect orcale 10.1 db , I deployed jar ojdbc14.jar and In Dataservers -> new -> IDBC and then i gave fallowing parametrs :

JDBC driver :oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

ServerPackage: com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.IDBC

ServerURL : jdbc:oracle:thin:@<machine>:1521:<Instance>

Username & password.

But the status of connection is "error"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try following in server URL.

jdbc:inetdate:<host>:<port>?database=<dbName>&sql7=true.

0 Kudos

sql7=true for Oracle???

Polaku,

The instance is the SID and I believe that you will run into problems if you fully qualify it instead of just the short version.

short version: XYZ14

fully qualified version: XYZ14.something.mycompany.com

I recently ran into this same type of problem and fixed it by changing to the XYZ14 in the URL. Not sure why the change worked. Perhaps a more DBA savvy person can inform us both. My experience has always been to use the short version with the data server configuration.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Oct 26, 2009 1:09 PM

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try jdbc driver = oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

And check out port name. 1521 looks like default port for the installation . try to connect with that DB using toad or some thing to confirm port. ( i m asking since i have diffent port number for the same version on oracle ) . If you already did that.., change the driver name to above and see.

Thanks

Hari

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Network issue.

0 Kudos

Hi Polaku,

Delete the JDBC Driver and download once again ojdbc14.jar and reload it and deploy.

Actually I faced the same problem and I did the above steps and it worked fine for me.

Also try with server name instead of server IP in ServerURL Field.

jdbc:oracle:thin:@<hostname>:<port>:<instance>

Regards

Khaleel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go through the threads mentioned below,they also pointing the same problem.These may help you to fix the probem.

-Suresh