cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a new Key figure function and assign it to KF in SNP planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please inform a procedure to create a new Key figure function and assign it to KF in SNP planning area so that the KF data is saved in database.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear VS03,

Key figure function is a Business meaning and i think which ever SAP provided serves.

If you still require it, Please let me know the requirement.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

We are planning to use "Aggregate Planning in SNP". In current design based on 9ASNP94 we have two macro computed TS demand KFand there is safety stock. Now we donot want to change existing DRP design . Aggregate Planning in SNP is a concept which will be tested and approved.

Now, TS KF cannot be aggregated. It has to be a LC order quantity for aggregation to happen. Using the same macro for order series also does not save the value in LC.

I have observed that if I copy a KF to another KF "VMI Promotion" the values can be saved in LC under ATP category "FB". Another KF function which has the same behaviour in "1002" for Forecast KF but it is already in use.

Now i seek one more KF Function which saves the value in LC immediately on copy.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VS03,

You have 1003 Additional Forecast KF Function which can be use.

Key figure LC order or TS is controlled by semantic. If you maintain 000 then that order store as LC order.

Even you can use 1002 by giving semantic 000.

Both will save in LC but the difference is one is in order series and the other is in Time series.

But in SNP we use Order series so semantic 000 have to use.

SAP don't recomend to create KF Function.

If you want to create then create in the following tables. But i don't know the impact.

/SAPAPO/SDPKEYFV

/SAPAPO/KZFUNC

/SAPAPO/KZFUNCT.

Even i don't recomend to create a new KF function.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Kishore Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

Thanks for the reply.

However, it is not working for new KF.

can you explain the conditional assignment in /SAPAPO/SDPKEYFV

i.e whether it is

New Function = 1005

SAP function = 1002

1002 I EQ 1005

or

1005 I EQ 1002

i have tried both but in vain.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VS03,

I think Kishore is right: creating a new key figure function really does not look like a good idea.

Key figure functions are used to define business meaning; for example stock, and planned order. This is used by standard SAP functionality (SNP heurisitic and other) to define what to read and to create.

Your new key figure function will not be integrated with that.

As far as I am aware when you create a new key figure for order, you only maintain a dummy function (A999).

Furthermore, based on your requirement (at least what I understand from your requirement) you don't need that: the aggregated planning should work normally, even with times series key figures.

Indeed the time dependant safety stock are supported by aggregated planning (I think since 5.q, but I can check if required).

Please have a look at your location porduct hierachy: on the top right hand side there is a column "Aggregation Planning: Aggregation Procedure Safety Stock" or "Aggreg. Planning: Aggregation Procedure Safety Days' Supply".

This will support all standard methods. If you used advance method (AT, AS, BT, BS) then I think you you directly run the calculation at aggregated planning.

I hope it helps

Julien