cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

packing outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an outbound delivery for which picking is confirmed. I am trying to do packing by FM. I am trying to pack items of the outbound delivery into a Handling unit.i have tested many FM's and BAPI's but none actually seems to give a complete result. Can someone please resolve my issue?

I am able to generate HU in delivery through SD_DELIVERY_UPDATE_PACKING.

Question is, Now, how do i pack the items?

Experts, please advice. If i need to use a combination of FM's please let me know.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you done all the configuration settings? for Packing Proposal........

regards,

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

which config settings are u talking about?

i think i have done all config settings right because i am able to manually pack the items thru vl02n.

i just want to process the packing in 1 step in background/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

These are the few settings mention below, you need to check.

1. Ensure that, Packing is allowed for your Delivery Item category, which I am sure that you have done it as system is allowing you to pack manuaaly.

2. Ensure that, you have defined "Material group for Packaging material" in customising and ASSIGN the same in the Material master data > Sales: general/Plant tab. If you leave this field blank, then the material can be packed in any packaging material provided its volume and weight are permitted .

I feel that, possibly you have missed to enter the "Material group for packaging material" in the Material master data.

3. Ensure that you have defined a "Packaging material type".

4. Define allowed packaging material. Here, assign the "Material group for packaging material" to "Packaging material type".

Material with this material group (ascreated) can only be packed by the allowed "packaging material type" here.

5. Lastly, ensure to define a Number range for Handling unit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if u wanna do automatic packing proposal........we have to maintain

packing instruction & packing determination records.........

donot abt the path......check tcodes - pop1 & pof1 in easy access.....

regards,

ram