cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display safety stock in product view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

We use safety stock methods (MB and SB). The heuristic runs does factor in the safety stock when generating the receipts. But, the safety stock is not displayed in the product view. It is seen only in the SNP planning book.

Is there a way to display the safety stock in the product view?

Appreciate the help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APYo

Check under APO customisation under

spro > SAP Guide > APO > Supply Chain Planning

> Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) >

Order View > Set Order View/Periodic Product View

whether the safety stock field is maintained

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

I checked the spro settings for "Set Order View/Periodic Product View". There is no special setting or mention of safety stock anywhere inside.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear APYo,

I assume you are using SNP for safety stock planning.

Product view is a tool for PPDS that displays liveCache orders. Since SNP does not create LC safety stock it is not displayed in product view. Safety stock in SNP is computed using product-location MD and is displayed in auxillary KF safety stock for static methods and then used to compute target stock level. While for dynamic methods like MB method, you use TS KF safety stock (planned). The formulas are written in safety stock macro for planning book.

In PPDS you have heuristic SAP_PP_018 that creates safety stock under ATP category SR which is displayed in product view. A prerequisite for this heuristic to run and display safety stock in product view is that you must have PPDS safety stock setting = 3 in active version in model and version management. You need to implement BADI /SAPAPO/RRP_SFTY_STK (method UPDATE_IO_NODES) to execute safety stock planning for for dynamic methods.

Hope this would help.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear VS03,

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. PLease find my doubts below.

1.) We are using the following. Demand Side(DS) Safety Stocks are released as a key figure from DP (MB). Supply Side (SS) Safety Stocks are maintained in SNP (MB and SB). The final Safety Stock (CS) is a result of the 2 above using macros. This is used by the heuristics during the calculations. We are on SCM 4.0.

2.) I checked the PPDS heuristics. We do not use anything except u201CSAP_PP_002u201D. The setting is 3 as you mentioned. PP_018 is not used.

3.) One of my concerns is how are the heuristics accounting for the safety stock (though not displayed), even though I donu2019t see the BADI implemented. Also, I wonder whether I can display the net safety stock (CS) which is the output of the macro. Would that be still considered as a time phased safety stock?

Appreciate the help,

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear APYO,

if you only want to see the projected stock o0n hand and the days supply for a particular product location in product view then you can do that in product view in the " Periods tab" which is just next to the default tab of "elements "

It shows you the projected stock on hand and days supply as can also be seen in the planning book.

If you want to do safety stock planning using PP/DS then probably what VS03 have said is required . After planning using all those PP/DS setting also you can only see the SOH and days supply in product view as stated above .

If you want to see or calculate Net safety stock or time phased safety stock then do not look at product view rather you can add two extra keyfigures in the SNP planning book and then write two simple macros to calculate the figures as desired for getting the net safety stock and time phased safety stock.

Thanks

Debsankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deb,

I can see the Projected Stock on Hand and the Days of Supply even now on the u201Cperiodu201D tab.

Only part of what VS03 has mentioned is found in the system u2013 BADI and SAP_PP_018 is absent.

Also, we have a macro that nets out and aggregates all the different safety stocks (detailed in my first response to VS03). I am presuming that it is taken into account when the heuristics runs.

To DEb, Senthil and VS03 -->

The problem faced by the planners is that and the need that the business has is u2013 When the planners look at the product view, they tend to get confused by those u201Cextra Planned ordersu201D, which in fact are generated by the heuristics to meet the safety stock requirements defined in DP or SNP. I guess they are not too excited about going into the planning book and verifying the information when they spend most of the time in the product view.

Thanks for the help..

Rakesh