Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase requisition creation (STO) from Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Read the following scenario:

Sales order is created with delivery plant A. No stock on plant A.

Purchase requisition is created from plant B to plant A (intra-company flow or stock transfer order).

Problem is that the purchase requisition needs a price. It is not logical because intra-company flow (stock transfer in same company flow) is like a stock transfer without purchasing. So in my mind, I don't have to maintain price.

Also if I use ME27 to create manually STO between both plants, price is not asked.

Other question is: is it possible to create directly a purchase order when sales order creation (and not purchase requisition, newt convert into PO)?

Many thanks.

Stéphane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mitchellsnow
Newcomer

but what's the mean of "KD-CO"? I 've searched it for a lot, but got nothing.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

hi,

use function module PUR_ORDER_CREATE_VIA_SD_EVENT to create purchase order automatically from sales order

regards

senya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

This ways need some development.

Where can I find the setting which drives the automatic PR creation after sales order reception?

former_member198721
Participant
0 Kudos

I have similar scenario and let me know if anybody got any solution for this.

Customer A Place Order A in Plant A , Plant A request Stock from Plant B for Customer A via a STO , PGI it and Plant A get stocks in its own bin.

Now , Same stock needs to be picked for Customer A , and we want to use sales order stock for that , we tried using New item category in Sales order , got purchase requisition with sales order stock and converted same to STO.

But for that Outbound delivery, System is looking for sales order stock in Plant B , which is not the intent. System should be able to pick unrestricted stock from Plant B , PGI and while receiving stock in Plant A , we want to receive in Sales order Stock. and later pick that stock for Customer A.

So far I have no luck in making this work. anybody have any solution for this.

manabsaha
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I also need to implement this scenario. Please let me know if you found a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to VOV6 tcode and select your Schedule Line Category and double click....

In the resultant screen: Under Business Data Section: In the Order Type field give your required Purchase Order / Purchase Requisition Type and also check the box in the P.req.del.sched. field.

This will ensure automatic cretaion of PO/PR on creation of Sales Order.

Note: Schedule Line Category can be known by Going to the Schedule line level for your line item in your Sales Order.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. You're right.

When I use this way. I can create a PReq from the Sales order. It I choose to create PReq with Order type NB / Item category 7 (Stock transfert) / Account assignment categoy M (Ind. cust. w/o KD-CO). STO is generated correctly between plant A and plant B. STO is linked to the Sales order.

MRP runs and creates a new PReq for the same Sales order whereas STO was previously done.

If I try to ship from plant A, SAP rejects because he needs a special stock (E / linked to the Sales order).

But I can't create STO and look for the free stock I have in plant A without creating a new PReq which has no sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. You're right.

When I use this way. I can create a PReq from the Sales order. It I choose to create PReq with Order type NB / Item category 7 (Stock transfert) / Account assignment categoy M (Ind. cust. w/o KD-CO). STO is generated correctly between plant A and plant B. STO is linked to the Sales order.

MRP runs and creates a new PReq for the same Sales order whereas STO was previously done.

If I try to ship from plant A, SAP rejects because he needs a special stock (E / linked to the Sales order).

But I can't create STO and look for the free stock I have in plant A without creating a new PReq which has no sense.

I find another way but problem is: there is blocking message because of account assignment.

It's a little bit trickky to create a STO between 2 plants in the same company.

Have someone already designed this kind of flow?

Thanks.

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stéphane Vituret, Did you manage to find a solution for this. I have a similar problem as well.

Please find the scenario below.

Cusotmer places order of Mat-XX to Company A. The Company A creates PO to Company B. Company B delivers to Company A and then invoices Company A. Company A receives the goods into own stocks. Now the Company A delivers to the customer from its own stocks and then invoices Customer.

I decide to go ahead with the Individual Purchase order solution and since the Company A is buying from Comapny B, I decided to integrate the Cross Company STO flow in the procurement part. Hence the flow in SAP is like;

Cusotmer placese order to Company A

Comapny A creates a Individual Purchase order type Sales order. So the Item category is TAB.

This sales order generates a PR. PR is conveted into a CC_STO as thenvendor is Plant B in this case . Now this STO appears in the delivery due list of plant B.

Now I genreate the delivery to move stocks from plant B(of co.cd B) to Plant A(of co.cd A).

Here is the problem. I am not able to do PGI as the system checks for "sales order" stock at plant B and throws error

"Sales order stock 36637 000010 does not exist". This should not be the case as the stocks should get attached to the sales order only when recieved into Plant A. Hence system should not check for "sales order stock" at plantB while trying to deliver from Plant B to Plant A.

Lets take a normal IPO scenario.

CusotmerA places order of Mat-A to Company A. This sales order generates a PR. The Company A converts the PR into a std.PO to external vendor. The PO from the sales order will have a account assignment "M- Ind. cust. w/o KD-CO". The stocks will be received into Plant with spl indicator "E" while GR (MIGO). Now the system ensures that this stock can only be delivered against the particular sales order. Thus the stock procured for the customerA is delivered to customerA and not consumed by anybody else. In this case there is only one delivery involved, in SAP, which is 601 mvmt type from the Plant A.

However if the vendor becomes another Plant (Plant B) belonging to another company code then there are two deliveries involved in the SAP system one with mvmt type 643, from Plant B to Pant A, and the second with 601 from Plant A to the customer. Hence the system should check if the stocks are attached with a spl indicator only during the second delivery of 601 mvmt type. I am facing a problem because the system does it for the first delivery itself. If you know the answer please do let me know. I really appreciate it. Thanks a lot in advance.