cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation step failed due to predecessor activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm into a scenario where in I'm trying to activate an activity in my developer studio and its detects 3 predecessor activities for the DC. As a result I had to activate with predecessor activities; my activation is faling because of some model metadata inconsistency in one of the predecessor activity. The model is already deleted in the current activity, that is the main parent activity so I have no means of rectifying the model metadata as it is no longer available in the current activity but in the predecessor activity.

Is there any way of deleting predecessor activities? I see these activities in the Pending Activities section of CBS Web UI.

Can a Basis person delete the Pending activities explicitly from the NWDI CBS server Web UI ?

If not, there is there any way to solve this error? I'm not sure if forceful activation (by choosing Activate if ven build fails) will help because it will make the DC as broken.

Please share your views/solutions on this.

Regards,

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I did not see that already someone has answered your query on the following link:

May be you have posted the same question twice by mistake.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

In this scenario, the activity can not be deleted but however it can be activated forcefully through the UI , i.e., CBS by the basis person and as you actually know the error you will be required to create a dummy activity and then check in that to resolve the error.

Before checking in the dummy activity follow this process:

Go to DC Perspective Expend the DC node Right Click on the src folder Chose DTR Chose Add Chose Subtree.

It will add the changes to the central repository and now if you Checkin the activity and see the results the changes will be effective.

Regards.

Rajat