cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation step failed due to predecessor activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm into a scenario where in I'm trying to activate an activity in my developer studio and its detects 3 predecessor activities for the DC. As a result I had to activate with predecessor activities; my activation is faling because of some model metadata inconsistency in one of the predecessor activity. The model is already deleted in the current activity, that is the main parent activity so I have no means of rectifying the model metadata as it is no longer available in the current activity but in the predecessor activity.

Is there any way of deleting predecessor activities? I see these activities in the Pending Activities section of CBS Web UI.

Can a Basis person delete the Pending activities explicitly from the NWDI CBS server Web UI ?

If not, there is there any way to solve this error? I'm not sure if forceful activation (by choosing Activate if ven build fails) will help because it will make the DC as broken.

Please share your views/solutions on this.

Regards,

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

When you activate with predecessors, click the button advanced. You will get a checkbox reading " Activate even if build fails". This will let you activate the activity.

I would suggest. First activate the activity that has issues and the ones before it. Once this goes through, activate the ones that are good.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can force the activation (this ignores any errors). But then you must make sure that the application still compiles correctly.