cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel the processing of a mesage mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My interface recieves an idoc and later a rfc lookup is done using the data in the idoc and based on the data reeturned by this rfc i would decide either a target message is to be created or not to be created.

so i set the occurence of the traget message in the mapping to 0..unbounded

but now if my rfc doesnt return a valid value no messages are created but at the same time a 'red flag' comes up in the sxmb_moni saying that 'split mapping created no messages'

is there any way to avoid this red flag in the moni because all red flags in the moni will be monitored and such red flags which actually are not errors need not be monitored so we dont want a red flag for this case at all

any ideas on how this could be made possible ??

Many Thanks for your help

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do one thing... Just map your parent nodes (root nodes) with some constants rather doing 1:1 mapping.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

but that means a output file with only the root nodes will be created right.

that shouldnt happen

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Can you paste here the source and target message strcutre here. Copy this from message mapping and paste here. Aso provide the node occurence in each structure.

In the mean time create a messahe mapping in such way that the empty rfc response will not cancel the message and in receiver file adapter use moe such that it will not write empty file or less byte file

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion then there is no other way to avoid red falg in MONI.

You have to generate something in your mapping else it will go into error. And secondly this is standard behavior of XI that if it doesn't produce the target node then it should throw an error in Mapping which is correct.

The work around could be using BPM, which I guess you will not prefer in this case.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

exactly sarvesh,

this was my understanding too.

however i could think of one more solution to this.

a seperate mapping between the source message and the 'Receivers' message (in SAP_BASIS SWC) can be performed andhere the RFC call can be done to determine the receiver and in the the receiver determintation the 'end message proessing without error' option can be selected

but in my case this again is a problem since my RFC should be called only once in day.. calling it again n the main mapping will not return any data (this is how the RFC shoudl work in our case) so basically i can call my RFC only once in a day.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Try to convince your client to send one blank mail when there is no value in RFC Table,that means there will be no red flag in moni, even i got a same requirement few days back ,but at that time i dint find any solution to avoind red flag in moni(no best sol),then i convinced customer to send one one mail ,he accepted...try this option.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharat,

What about using two mappings in your Interface mapping like this...

First mapping: IDOC Source -

> Temp_Target

Second mapping: Temp_Target -

> Final_Target. (This mapping will be always simple 1:1 mapping without any conditions)

Note: The structure of Temp_Target & Final_Target will be exactly same.

CASE1: In first mapping you will call your RFC to determine the receivers and if RFC returns something then simply map source IDOC to Temp_Target and Temp_Target to Finla_Target. (Till here no problem).

CASE2: If in your first mapping RFC doesn't return anything then map some constant values to Temp_Target. Now do conditional Receiver Determination (based on these constant values) and chose either XI file adapter to write the file on XI server or chose mail adapter to send an email. (second mapping will happen after Conditional RD in both the cases).

If you like to use file adapter then chose overwrite option so that it will not append the data in the file.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bharath:

if you use the founction of splitting message ,means message mapping is :1:0n,then you can do opertaion mapping for the corresponding message, the occurrence of inerfaceis 1:0n,i dont clear about what you said,but i think there are no problems that the target message is no created,

best regard!

Former Member
0 Kudos

but we get red flag right.. we r trying to avoid tht