cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Promote Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have noticed that on individual topics on wiki, we have an area displaying the "Recent Weblogs" on the same topic. Similarly, when we look at "Blogs by Category", could we have a display area for "Recent Wikis" on the same topic? This would promote the Wiki entries that remains much unnoticed as compared to the blog recognition.

Best regards,

Prateek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personally I would welcome this as well.

There are a lot of blog contributions which actually belong in the wiki - and the option to subsequently blog about the wiki to promote it or discuss an aspect of it (e.g. best practice...) would be more appropriate.

Good suggestion!

Julius

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for supporting this. In my opinion, one of the reason for people choosing blogs over wiki is the huge popularity of blogs as compared to wikis. Therefore certain interesting things have to be added to wikis as we have for blogs. For instance,

Just as we have "No. of hits" or "Rank" for weblogs, we can also have some similar thing for wikis.

These are not really very big attractions but I am certain that it will atleast attract a handful of contributors.

Best regards,

Prateek

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I expected more Active Suggestion forums.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, it has only been 10 days...

I waited 3 years once for a development request - to enable the feature, kernel changes and a major release change were needed.

I can only assume that it is being looked into, as it has been discussed several times before as well (blog content into wikis).

Cheers,

Julius

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That was quite encouraging to know.

Best Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure there are many technical co-ordination challenges, priorities and software logistics involved.

Ever leaned out a window before?

Anyway, as mentioned already, I do know that the wiki vs blog topics are discussed often as well and many blogs are "declined" on the grounds that the content belongs in a wiki.

Who would use the blog interface instead of the wiki is anyway beyond me...

Cheers,

Julius

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have read discussions about wiki Vs blog and thats why I believe that more we promote wiki, more would be its use.

I understand there would be lot of technical issues involved, so thought of taking your "Only 10 days" point seriously.

Best regards,

Prateek

former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

[2010u2019s First Small Improvement |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17325] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Gali!

Julius, this was quite fast

Best regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, yeah... I am still waiting for my development request..

Cheers,

Julius

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Congratulations Prateek! -:D

Great to see that your proposal was accepted and implemented -;)

Greetings,

Blag.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Blag

Best regards,

Prateek

Answers (0)