cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in Workforce Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am facing following isues in workforce planning.

1) I am not able to assign team maintained at WBSE level in assigned activities.Though the manpower maintained at Work Center is easily asigned.

2) The capacity requirement for activity as well as resource in not getting distributed, though I am using Distribution key to distribute work equally both at activity & work center level.

3) Last, once a resource has been assigned to a particular activity for a particular period, the system is still allowing allotment of same resorces to other activities during same period.

Please provide your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Seemant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

The main issue remains unresolved.

Any Takers!

Regards,

Seemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seemant,

I could not check properly as to why you are facing this issue since i was busy with other stuff. However i would suggest you to check the note 543362 and see if it helps.

Revert if it helps.

Best Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly let us know at what WBS level have you defined your team? Secondly if you have maintained resources in the work center why do you want to assign resources to the project team. Please explain the scenario in detail.

For your second question, check whether you have the Capacity Requirement box ticked in the network header detail screen. Also check the dates for the activities. What distribution key are you using? Is it SAP020?

Coming to the last one, this as per my knowledge is a standard behaviour of the system. However lets wait for others to comment.

Best Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for response.

We are maintaining WBSE team for the same WB SE to which network activity is assigned. The requirement for having a team at WBSE as well as Work Centre arises because, as per the business scenario the project may utilize resources other than that on Work Centre.

I have done all required settings & marked all relevant indicators.

Yes in I am using SAP020 Distribution Key.

For the third point that I mentioned (that you say to be standard system behaviour) I would explain again.

Once I have loaded a particular resource with work form a particular project, logically the system shall block that resource for that particular time frame (within which it is loaded). Are you saying this is standard system behaviour?

Thanks,

Seemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you say that you have done all the required settings i don't think you should face the issues you mentioned. However i would like to suggest you to check one more thing called as the Relationship Period that you maintain while creating your WBS team.

Regarding the 3rd issue, are you trying to allocate the resource to an activity in the same project or a different project. If you are trying to do so in the same project i think system will allow you to do so. Lets wait for others to comment on this.

Regards,

Gokul