cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound and Outbound to PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How do I determine a messages processed/processing in PI is outbound to PI or inbound to PI in either SXMB_MONI or RWB - Message Monitoring.

(I believe, Inbound to PI is - a messages going out of PI and Outbound to PI is - a messages coming into PI)

Regards

Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi Sekhar,

We define message interfaces with respect to the application systems that is, source and target.

Hence, for outbound interface means going out of application, but coming to PI, so it is inbound to PI.

Similarly, inbound interface means going inside the application, that is leaving PI , so its outbound to PI.

Regards,

Supriya.

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> (I believe, Inbound to PI is - a messages going out of PI and Outbound to PI is - a messages coming into PI)

Yes, you are right. Outbound interfaces are used to recieve messages from sender ,Inbound interfaces to send messages to the reciever. Actually, confustion can be avoided if you think from other perspective.

Lets take one example -

Suppose we are calling someone, then it is outgoing call for us. For the receiver, the same call is incoming call.

voice --- message

caller --- Sender

caller phone -- Outbound interface

Receiver phone - Inbound interface

Network -- PI

I hope, it is clear now.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We can see in message monitoring i mean SXMB_MONI,when you click on message id in SXMB MONI,you will see pipeline steps,there you can see what is outboundt payload,even you can open in to windo,the same you can see inbound payload in last step.

Regards,

Raj