cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy SAP delivered global ruleset

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've a newly configured RAR 5.3. How to copy the SAP delivered Global ruleset and make a new ruleset ?. We do not want to affect the Sap delivered ruleset.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the replies. We already uploded the standard ruleset. Now the idea ia not to use the standard global ruleset but to have another custom ruleset which will be copy of global ruleset. We want to then make the custom rulset the default ruleset. Now my query is how to have all the rules from global ruleset copied into custom ruleset?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you not just upload the source files as a new ruleset using the utilities note under rule architect?

Simon

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You will need to take the rule set files and do some changes:

- the functions are global, i.e. all rule sets use the same identical set of functions.

- Copy all files with Risk IDs and chnage them to your own name space. They will still reference the standard functions (so you can still benefit from updates there), but you can change the rest of the risk definition then.

Frank.

former_member771067
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

I am unable to understand by which you are saying as

" We do not want to affect the Sap delivered ruleset"

. The Global Ruleset is available with the GRC Access Control sofware itself. You can get it after uncaring the .SAR file. It is readily available in a excel sheet format (as of SP9). you can copy it from there. and customize it as per your requirement. But I am unable to understand why you want to copy it? Or your question is someting else, which I am missing here. Please let us know.

Regards,

Gurugobinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best way I have seen this done is at the file system level.

Keep your copy of the standard rulesets. Maintain a "delta" file for what you disable / delete and what you add of your own, and then load that as if it were the one and only global ruleset.

This way you have good version control at the file level as well, because new improved SAP rulesets are usefull, but will wipe out anything you have changed in the application anyway.

It also means that anyone wanting to tinker around with the rules has to pass via the change management procedures to get to the system admin (with access to the file system).

This might not be state of the art use of technology, but it works very well.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned, the Ruleset is delivered in one of the source files with the tool itself.

However, you can create additional rulesets and upload / download the rules using the utilities node on the Rule Architect tab.

If you want to maintain the integrity of the "Standard" SAP ruleset, then you can upload another version of it from an amended source file or just keep the SAP standard file protected and not loaded into the system in the first place.

Most organisations tend to import the standard delivered ruleset and customise it to their own business needs.

Simon