cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc-to-idoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am implementing a scenario in which the idoc coming from one r/3 system will be passed on to another R/3 system...i read one blog in which it says there is no mapping required...how do i implement this scenario then widout mapping ..Can somebody plz tell me dis and enumerate the steps which have 2 b implemeted for succesful completion of the scenario ...

Please help..

Thanx ,

Srestha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srestha,

XI -- No configuration needs to be done on the IR. Just go to the Integration Directoy and set up your RECEIVER DETERMINATION, INTERFACE DETERMINATION AND RECEIVER AGREEMENT.

Point to be noted is, while doing receiver determination, your outbound and inbound interface will be the same and so, no Interface mapping will be needed.

As the source and target IDOC are the same, no mapping is needed.

Apart from this, you need to do the partnet profile setting (we20) , create ports ( we21 ) in your r3 system and IDX1, IDX2 in XI.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh ,

Thanx a lot...but one thing i want 2 ask u is dat dont i need 2 do any kind of configuration in integration repository ?..If no..y is dat so..??

Please help..

Thanx a lot,

Srestha

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srestha,

In your case, what your are trying is an IDOC to IDOC senario <b>where the source IDOC is to be pushed as such directly to the target r3 system without any change watsoever.</b>

In such a case, <b>there will be no message mapping and interface mapping</b>. You will be mentioning the source and target IDOC as the same interface while doing the RECEIVER DETERMIANTION and you will not be providing any INTERFACE MAPPING in the INTERFACE DETERMINATION. Thereby, XI will know that the Source IDOC is to act as the Target IDOC and so, there will be nothing you need to do in the IR.

If your requirement is such that you have some mapping rules for the source to target IDOC, then you need the objects in IR.

Hope this info makes things clear,

regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh ,

Thanx a lot for ur replies..i hv done the cofiguration according to ur posts..but when i try to create the receiver determination ...an error msg is flashed saying 'The Object Already exists'...

How do i solve this problem..Please advise...

Thanx nd Regards ,

Srestha

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srestha,

In your Receiver Determination , you wil specify the Sender Interface and Business System.

Now, if this same Sender Interface and Business System has been used before, then you cannot create a Receiver Determination for the same.

Reason : When you send the IDOC from a particular R3 system, it can be associated with only one Receiver Determiantion else, XI would not know which Receiver Determination is associated for that one source.

The same logic holds true for any other scenario in XI. A sender Interface belonging to a particular business system can be used in exactly one Sender Agreement and receiver determiantion.

In your case, just take a look at your Config Scenarios and see if the Receiver Determiantion has already been created for this particular IDOC.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check this PDF

http://johnv.sapgenie.com/docs/xi/x19.pdf

-Nilkanth