cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Details Data Source in CUP 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GRC Gurus,

Iam configuring CUP 5.3., in the User data source (which is used to fetch users,approvers,managers from backend) there is User Details Data Source -> i select SAP and i get the system name -> There is a Field Function Template -> there are two options, standard and Custom.

What is the use of Function Template ?

What is standard and Custom?

If we select Custom, what should we enter in Function Template Name?

Can you please clarify

Thanks a lot...

Regards

Selva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The user data source only reads the user details for use in defaulting the information into request forms / workflow.

I believe that the function template just tells the system whether to use standard fields within the SAP user master or whether you have requirements to use alternative field mappings.

I don't think that the custom template name matters as it is identified.

I must admit that I haven't used it so I may be wrong but that is my current understanding!

Regards, Simon

Edited by: Simon P Persin on Oct 26, 2009 4:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Selva,

Simon is almost right. I have not seen a customer using the custom functional template. When you select SAP, you can ask CUP to use standard SAP BAPI (ABAP program) to retrieve user information from the SAP system. Customers who don't want to use standard program can write their own program and store the value in CUP by selecting custom template. This will allow CUP to use the custom program to bring the user information into CUP. This way customers can change the way user information is passed or displayed into CUP.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (0)