cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 4.6C on windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The current landscape is SAP 4.6C mounted on Sun Solaris 5.9 OS and Oracle as database. As part of the roadmap, we are planning to move into Windows Server.

I would like to have the details from you on the following:

a) Does SAP 4.6C work well with Windows Server after the OS migration from Sun Solaris platform?

b) Are there any issues like performance, and other critical factors one need to consider as part of OS? Pls mention any roadblocks or strategy needs to be followed here.

Can you pls provide with inputs on the above points.

Thanks

JLN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> a) Does SAP 4.6C work well with Windows Server after the OS migration from Sun Solaris platform?

What is "well"? The application runs, yes.

> b) Are there any issues like performance, and other critical factors one need to consider as part of OS? Pls mention any roadblocks or strategy needs to be followed here.

About 50 % of the customers are running SAP software on Windows.

Are there any specific requirements to run Windows? If you want to use new (cheaper) hardware you can also use Linux and stay in a "more common" environment (coming from Solaris).

Consider the following:

- You're doing a heterogeneous migration and that must be done by a certified migration consultant on-site. So if you do this on your own you'll loose support for problems during and after the migration.

- 4.6c is LONG out of support, you should consider upgrading.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

Thanks for your immediate response.

Regards

JLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to migrate SAP 4.6C from Intel P4, Windows Server 200, MS SQL server 2000 to xeon, windows 2003 and MS SQL2005 or SQL 2008. Can I ? Please let me know the latest version of Windows server and SQL server that SAP R/3 4.6C can support.

Thank you