cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Loading Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have setup delta loads for Transaction data. We have set the option "Load Transaction Data even if no master data exists". Now I want to load Master data. But as I have checked out most of the master data is not having delta option. Only full upload is available. How to load master data in a daily basis? Also i could'nt able to find flexible or direct update methods for master data under Transfer Structure. Please help me out in this regard.

Thanks

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanth,

Master data loading would be full update only. But if you want to use delta update for master data , then you can create master data as transaction data.

You make your master infoobject as data target, and load the data like transaction data using option " Insert Characteristic as data target" in infoprovider.

Hope this would help.

With Regards,

Wrushali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wrushali,

Thank you for the added information.

Regards

Jay

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanth,

Pls. check in the update tab in the Infopackage screen. check for options to handle duplicates.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks a lot. The information is very helpful,

Awarded points

Regards

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanth,

As a best practice, please load master data first and then the transaction data. This is mainly due to performance reasons.

Almost all master data is loaded as a full load because, the delta records is going to significantly very less and it doesn't really take much time to load even if you do a full load.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

U should load the master data before u load the transaction data.

Because u set the option 'Load TD even if no MD exists',the system creates the missing master data when TD is getting loaded.But I think we shouldnt use this way always as system will not fill all intended attributes of the MD records.

Most MD will be full and not delta.Load delta ones daily and load full ones weekly.If the full ones are seeing many changed records almost everyday,then load daily.

Most MD objects are loaded by direct update.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of full load for master data it works with overwrite option.

Thus you can do full load daily also.

Regards,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then how to find out that the Master Data is set for Overwriting option. Where will I be able to view it.

Regards

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have that option of flexible/direct update when you create the infosource.

Ashish.