Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binding Nodes problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

I'm new on Web Dynpro development, and I have the follwing problem :

I have two tables element on my view (T1 and T2).

When I select one row of T1, I want to fill the table T2 with new data. (dynamically). So each time I select a new row of T1, the T2 data is updated.

I have two solutions :

- A node N1 for table T1 (cardinality : 0,N) and a node N2 for table T2 (cardinality : 0,N) within N1. In this case, I think the second table will be updated automtically ? If yes, how can I bind the the second node ? I have a DDIC table structure within a table structure too.

- A node N1 (cardinality : 0,N) and a node N2 (cardinality : 0,N) separated. When I select the row on T1 with the event 'onSelect' ,I get the row selected, I fill N2 with the correct data (binding process).

What's the best solution ?

Thank you.

Bernard.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys.

I'm going to look to this solution with the webdynpro lesson! . I really the first one is the best.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve it in both the ways.

1st approach is using the SUPPLY FUNCTION for better performance. everything is expalined in this link

Check out this link that suits your requirement -

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/7a89b067-0801-0010-8192-a9896a60938e&override...

2nd approach can aslo be used.

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Oct 24, 2009 1:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernard,

For first option, i think this can be achieved through 'Recursion Node', am not completely sure, but I remember ive done something of this kind of requirement using recursion node.

You always have the second option which you suggested in case no other approach works.

Cheers,

SV