cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display text of a domain value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can display the text values of a domain object in my VC model. For example, I have a BAPI that returns the values from domain STTRG in ECC. Instead of displaying the value that is returned (0 - 7), I would like to display the associated text (In planning, Planned, etc.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amir, thank you for your follow up.

You are correct in your assumption, that the BAPI is returning the value only. The text description of the value can be stored in a variety of places.

In my example, the text is stored as values associated with the domain (STTRG in my example).

In other cases, the text can be stored in a check table that typically contains the value and the language as the key to the table, and then the associated text for that value.

My question is specific to getting the text value from the domain, but I am interested generally if there is a standard or best practice way of being able to replace the value with the text of the value in VC in things like tables.

I have a utility BAPI where I can pass the domain name and value as inputs and return the text of that value as an output, but I am unable to "join" the result of that BAPI with the result of the original BAPI and display the text in a table of the original BAPI's result set.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll appreciate if you could be clearer -

which data returns from the BAPI? the value only?

where is the matching text saved?