cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro Exception: ICF Service Node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created a WebDynpro Application on Client 499 of an ECC DEV system and Integrated it wityh portal, it works fine.

But when I tried to access the same application using the different system object created for client 470 of same ECC DEV system I am not able run the application and the following error is coming.

The following error text was processed in the system DEV : WebDynpro Exception: ICF Service Node "/sap/bc/webdynproo/sap/wd_test_one" does not Exist (See SAP Note 1109215).

Please guide so that I can access the application for the client 470 too from the Portal.

Regards,

Samir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

To solve the problem, you must create and activate the missing ICF nodes in transaction SICF.

To create an IFC service node

1. Select the affected Web Dynpro application in transaction SE80.

2. Choose the menu option "Goto -> HTTP Service Maintenance".

3. If the node does not exist, the system issues the query: "ICF node for service "..." does not exist. Do you want to create it?"

4. Choose "Yes"

5. Save the ICF service node for a transport request. As soon as the node is activated, the Web Dynpro application is functional.

Please refer the SAP note refered by you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saurav,

The application is working when it is tested through both the clients i.e 499 and 470 on ECC using the SE80. I have created two iViews for each client on Portal but now the application is not running for 470 client. I checked the HTTP Service Maintenance in the 470 client for the application but the system is not prompting me and the nodes are already present for this application. Is there any client specific setting which requires to be done.

Regards,

Samir

Edited by: Samir on Oct 24, 2009 6:31 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the SAP Note 1088717.

[https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/notes]

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have observed that there is extra 'O' in the URL for node name 'webdynpro' which is coming while accessing the application

"/sap/bc/webdynproo/sap/wd_test_one." I think this what is causing the exception that the ICF Node doesn't exists. Could anyone please let me know from where this value is picked as I have checked and the node names are correct. Is there any client specific setting from where this value comes.

Regards,

Samir

Edited by: Samir on Oct 26, 2009 6:17 PM

Edited by: Samir on Oct 26, 2009 6:19 PM

Edited by: Samir on Oct 26, 2009 7:36 PM

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

I am facing the same issue .

How it got resolved for you .

can you please help me with your inputs.

Thanks

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't know whether this is still a problem, but I've faced the same issue (the "webdynproo" with the additional "O") today in a complete different environment and found a solution. In my case it was the Solutionmanager (WebUI) where I've created a Link in the menu.

Customizing

Customer Relationship Management -> UI Framework -> Technical Role Definition -> Transaction Launcher -> Define URLs and Parameters

The fault was, that the URL started with a slash ("/") and it must not.

Hope this helps after all these years... 😉

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

cross check the applicaiton name.

Abhi