cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Context un Universe, how to avoid being prompted to choose context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have multiple cotext in universe, i want to avoid users being prompted for it.

Is it possible to define predefined condition and apply it on a class to avoid getting context selection prompt.

Could someone share more insight on this.

Thanks,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge run the report by selecting any context at first time then from next time onwards it won't ask for any context.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suresh,

Thank you for your reply.

Is it possible to set Predefined condition on a Join to avoid context being prompted?

I will give u my scenario.

I have 3 loops -

Account Executive

Account Owner

COntact Person

All these 3 loops refer Organization and Contact Tables with few join differences, I have created 3 classes for each of the above and i was wondering if i can set any predefined condition with a explicit Join to force use of a particular context.

I am just wondering if this would be the correct approach.

Also i am getting incompatible objects error as well.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Incompatible combination of objects error we get when we try to generatea report with objects from different contexts.

Setting Predefined condition on a Join to avoid context being prompted is not a good aproch I guess.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suresh/Others,

Thanks for your reply , so what would be the best way here.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure there is no book which can teach you the best construct of a context because it is requriement specific.

But in your case, if the users are getting the option to choose among the context, I would first see if in the universe parameter -> SQL -> Allow selection of multiple sql is not checked.

Secondly, incompatible result is not acceptible so you will have to avoid it somehow.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Panan,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you mean , slection of multiple SQL statements per context - this should be non checked?

In this case what will happen if users pull objects from two different contexts.

Also what are the various ways to enforce selection of a particular context?

Objects which are incompatible now belong to different context, any ideas how i can avoid this.

Pls let m eknow

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If possible create aliases for the tables and then create separate contexts. This would avoid the confusion of customers for the selection of context being prompted at the run time.

Also once you merge the dimensions at the report level from two different DPs (One for each context) will solve your incompatible objects problem.

what will happen if users pull objects from two different contexts.

Two different queries (SQLs) will be formed even if you pull all the objects in one data provider. Thes two sqls must be synchronised else you will get the objects incompatible error.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot Rohit for you reply, will implement this.

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there are other ways to do so please share them as well.