cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punch-out catalogue - username & password not populated in initial call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SRM experts

I have an issue with one of our punch-out catalogs. Namely what happens is that when during Shopping Cart creation I select subject catalog the new window with catalog opens but I receive login-page where it is required to enter username, password and HOOK URL.

What is strange is that HOOK URL gets fulfilled but the username and password are obviously not picked up (fields remain empty) from my catalog configuration.

If I then fulfill manually the login data wioth the values from catalog configuration I can indeed get logged-in the punch-out catalog.

The parameters that I maintained are:

1 https://.. 0 URL

10 username XXX 2 Fixed Value

20 password XXX_s1 2 Fixed Value

25 language sy-langu 1 SAP Field

30 user sy-uname 1 SAP Field

40 HOOK_URL 4 Return URL

100 OCI_VERSION 4.0 2 Fixed Value

120 LOCALE EN 2 Fixed Value

130 ~OKCode ADDI 2 Fixed Value

140 ~target _top 2 Fixed Value

150 ~caller CTLG 2 Fixed Value

Could the root-cause of the issue lie on the vendor's side?

I wonder if anybody ever experienced same issue and if yes, what was the solution?

I appreciate any help.

Best regards

Miha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Miha,

If you can confirm that the User Id and Password is being sent in the HOOK URL, then I would say that the issue might be on the vendor side. I am assuming that the vendor has given you their OCI specifications for the integrating to the punch-out catalog?

Regards, Dean.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In what way do you call the catalog? GET or POST? If it is set to GET switch it to use POST.

Check what the inputfields are named and change your username/password to those values.

How to do such a check?

1. Open the punchout catalog (don't login just yet)

2. Rightclick on the page and select "View Source" (on IE)

3. Look for a line that looks a bit like the following:

<input type="text" name="username" id="login_username" />

4. your username and password name (in lines 10 and 20 in your call parameters) should correspond to the name value in above line.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Robin

I guess your answer was the right one - the vendor's page expected to have username and password specified in capital letters.

Upon correction in the catalog configuration it now works well.

Thanks for all the answers

Regards,

Miha