cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order type assign to sale organisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gruz,

In our system, we have more than one sales organisation/companies. There are lot of sales order types in the system used by different sales organisation/companies.

Where can I check which are the order types are assigned to my sales organisation.

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gruz,

Also can you please let me know, how do I know whether sales order type is delivery related or not? i.e. whether I can raise invoice without delivery or not. If it's delivery related I can not raise invoice without raising delivery.

Many thanks

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can assign ur sales order types to appropriate sales org/ sales area in

IMG-SD-Sales-Sales Documents-Sales Document Header-Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types.

If u want to know a sales order type is delivery related or not..Go to VOV8 and select ur sales ord.type check the delivery type under Shippng tab...

and under Billing tab assign order related billing type and Dlv-rel.billing type..so u can create invoice before creating delivery..

Reg

JJ

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have assign the Delivery Type under Shipping tab in VOV8 and its working.

Many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ

Creating a delivery before invoice is normal sales cycle, that is clear to me.

I have in my system order types where you don't need to create delivery but still you can raise invoices (not normal). e.g. of this is service charges to other company with doesn't involve physical goods movement.

Now I want to find out how many order types are there in my system where I can raise invoices without raising delivery note. To do this I want to know what settings in Sales order type I need to check to make sure that all the order type needs delivery note to raise before invoice.

I hope you got my points.

Many thanks

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.You have to find out your sale order types thru' IMG--Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types(as i suggested in my earlier reply)

2.Check billing doc.type entries for ur order types in VOV8 under the billing tab Order-rel.bill.type without any entries in Dlv-rel.billing type. This is how u can find them.

Reg

JJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ

Thanks for reply

can you please explain bit more clearly about delivery and invoice.

When can I raise invoice without delivery note. (setting required)

AND

Also when I have to raise delivery note before I will raise invoice (setting required).

Many thanks

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your requirement is not clear to me..

Still,

When can I raise invoice without delivery note. (setting required)

In Service orders you need Invoice w/o delivery. Use billing type F1

Also when I have to raise delivery note before I will raise invoice (setting required).

Not clear...creating delivery before invoice is a normal sales cycle..

Reg

JJ

Edited by: Jagsap on Oct 23, 2009 5:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Invoice can be raised without Delivery in some of the following scenarios:

1. Debit Memo

2. Credit Memio

3. Third Party Scenario

4. Service Order Scenario

5. Proforma invoice

Order Related or Delivery Related is basically governed by Iten Category. For example, I am using salre order Type with Item Category TAN, in that case it is Delivery Related Scenario, similarly If the same order type I am using with Item category TAD, it is order related scenario.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka