SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales price calculation not choosing the right vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

In the current client we have 3 companies. The first company (let's call it G001) buys for all three, receives in the DC (let's call it DC01) and sells again to the other companies. We have 2 distribution chains G001/10 for sales from the stores and G001/20 for sales to the other 2 companies and wholesalers. In purchasing organization G001 an info record is created for the articles with the external vendor.

I have set up the retail sales price calculation for the G001/10 and it is functioning. It uses a Purchase price calculation schema for purchase price and various other surcharges/discounts. Then it uses a sales price with a mark-up and a price point group. Everything is OK, the purchase price is found for G001 and the external vendor and all the rest is fine.

I also use retail sales price calculation for G001/20 (i.e. sale to wholesalers or inter-company customers). The purchase price calculation schema is the same and the sales price is different (basically low mark-up and no rounding). Until this point no problem at all.

This second company is "replenished" from DC01 through an inter-company stock transfer order flow. Therefore an info record for the article is created in purchasing org R001 and vendor DC01. When I try to run the sales price calculation for the other companies (R001/10 for example) it gets complicated: the system uses the info record for G001 and the external vendor and does not use the info record for R001 and DC01. It uses purchasing info record G001 instead of R001.

When I specify the vendor in the selection screen of VKP5 as external vendor it issues the following message: "Distribution center DC01 does not deliver on Distr. Chain R001/10".

I have reviewed thoroughly the master data (the ref customer of distribution chain R001/10 is created in sales org G001/10) and do not find a solution.Specifying a "regular vendor" does not solve the problem. It seems like a logical problem.

I suppose it is possible to have 2 companies with 2 purchasing info records and that the sales price calculation uses the "correct" info record for each one. I am wondering what is wrong in the customizing because I am guessing the system does not "choose" the right info record.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Sotiris

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I noticed that a lot of people have read this thread but still no answer...

I have tried a couple of things since then: have entered the reference DC of the system (there is only one) as reference for pricing in the distribution chain of R001/10 (in "Assign pricing type/reference site ...". This eliminates the error "Distribution center DC01 does not deliver on Distr. Chain R001/10" but it does not help in determining the right vendor (and hence purchase price). I think I have found a way round this by creating a different purchase price determination sequence and making use of the user exit 'EXIT_SAPLMEKO_001'.

I still don't like it because I think there may be a more standard way to make it work.

If there is anybody with a proposal please let me know.

Sotiris

0 Kudos

Hi,

Are u doing intercompany stock transfer?

I was also facing similar issue and it worked for me

Just try it.

Delete the first purchsing info record and create fresh record for R001 and see

Thanks

Ashu

Edited by: ashutosh p on Oct 29, 2009 12:23 PM

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, although it does not solve my issue.

As mentioned earlier, I found a workaround so I'll just leave it that way.

Sotiris

0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario sounds like two-step pricing since you are looking at an inter-company relationship between the DC and the Store rather than a buy sell.

So the supply source key on the MARC view needs to be 2 and a two-step sales price calculation should work.

Cheers,

Naveen