cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefighter Logs doesn't record changes made

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Struggling in Firegighter to log the changes made with Firefighter.

Tried following tests

1. SCC4 - Created a new client, modified an existing client,etc --> Only TCode is being shown , changes made during SCC4 are not being recorded.

2. SU01 --> Added a new profile (like SAP_ALL) or deleted an existing profile --> Only TCode is being shown , changes made during SU01 (addition/deletion of profile) are not being recorded.

3. F-02 --> Done a new posting --> Only TCode is being shown , posting done during F-02 are not being recorded.

Same is the case for most other transactions.

Table logging for SCC4 (table T000) is already activated.

Fireifghter logs only shows the transactions executed but nothing more than that. I mean a Firefighter uses FF ID and then access SU01 --> assign SAP_ALL or other profile to user --> No logging of what activiites he is doing is being recorded.

And this seems to be quite critical , as we don't have any idea what user does after logging in.

As per SAP documents, Firefighter picks up information from CDHDR and STAD tables.

How can we find out which all transactions and which all changes under those transactions goes in CDHDR, STAD.

Can' we request GRC to pick up the infromation from other locations - which stores all teh changes made.

Hope to find a solution based on your experiences.

Thanks

Davinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FF picks up information from CDHDR, CDPOS and STAD. No, you can not ask FF to look at some other locations as well. I

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can design your own custom reports to track additional changes but it would have to be a manual process to review this against the time stamp of when the Firefighter ID accessed the particular transaction!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh, SImon for the update.

Is it possible to find out what all transactions/activities record their changes in CDHR and CDPOS tables?

For most of the testing activities,we can't see any entry in CDHDR and CDPOS tables - means these would not be recorded (except transactions listings which is being picked up from STAD).

Even i noticed that Firefighter doesn't record HR changes ?

Any plan for SAP to enhance the scope of recordings all changes - irrespective of whether these changes goes in CDHDR or some other tables - mean all reporting/logging under one roof (Firefighter)

Regards

Davinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Davinder,

I'm sure this is a question that SAP have been asked numerous times. I have certainly asked them.

I have note heard of SAP planning to extend the logging capability of Firefighter and I suspect that they will not.

I'm sure there are vast performance issues to be taken account of as in order for Firefighter to report on everything, everything needs to be captured somewhere initially. I'm not an abap expert but it sounds like a very memory hungry requirement.

At least all transactions executed are logged!

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I totally agree with Simon. As far as I know, SAP is thinking of rewriting the whole FF/SPM application in 2010. I am hoping we will get a stable, much improved and efficient solution by 2011.

-Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

Aren't we all!!

Simon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if "Retrieve Change Log" option in the in the FF configuration is activated.

The necessary jobs to gather the respective information need to be scheduled as well.

The FF change log is populated based on the SAP change document objects

[as already mentioned tables CDHDR and CDPOS].

The change document objects are stored in table TCDOB with corresponding table assignment.