Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Employee Onboarding With Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam working with SAP NWIDM 7.1

Iam facing one issue while working with the below described usecase.Could anyone please help me in this?

In the usecase,Requestor logs in to UI and he executes the task for Creating Non-Employee.He provides data for all the required attributes including HireDate and FireDate.Then it should go for the approval of requestors Manager.After the approval only the Non-Employee should be created in the IDM,and if the HireDate is current date then status should be Active else Inactive.

But whats the problem iam facing is,after providing all the details for creating Non Employee when the Requestor clicks on OK the account is being created even without Approvers approval.But I want it to be created after approval.

Could anyone help me in doing it in the required way?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagu,

What entry type is the request task? MX_PENDING_VALUE should be used for approvals. Using MX_PERSON directly, for example, will result in the behaivor you describe.

Best Regards,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply.

But I need some more clarifications in this.

As you suggested I created the User Creation Task using "MX_PENDING_VALUE" entrytype.But here also the user is getting created before approval.But iam unable to view the user in UI(under Person) unless providing the MX_PENDING_VALUE entrytype under show(dropdown in UI Manage tab) .

So,I created one Job and one To IdentityStore pass within that Job.In that pass I specified the MX_PENDING_VALUE as Source and MX_PERSON as Destination and iam mapping the attributes from source to destination.Its giving error( Not allowed to modify EntryType)

Is this the right way to do it?

Could you please help me in doing this?

Regards,

Mounika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monuika,

Compare your configuration to the sample configuration in the guide [SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Identity Center - Implementing Role Approvals|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index;jsessionid=(J2EE3414800)ID2006311450DB11579937946596012804End?rid=/library/uuid/20b67ad5-c69a-2c10-9da2-9721b1cf749c]. In the next few weeks, I will also be publishing a How To Guide on approval workflows with further examples.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Compare your configuration to the sample configuration in the guide [SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Identity Center - Implementing Role Approvals|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index;jsessionid=(J2EE3414800)ID2006311450DB11579937946596012804End?rid=/library/uuid/20b67ad5-c69a-2c10-9da2-9721b1cf749c]. In the next few weeks, I will also be publishing a How To Guide on approval workflows with further examples.

So Matt, what you're saying is that it is possible to have approvals based on MX_PENDING_VALUE on other events besides linking end users to business roles? Or did I misunderstood? I have thought that the standard pending approvals functionality in the product was only meant for approving user to role linkages..

It would be great to be able to approve incoming new users before any actions like role assigment could take place or approve changed user information etc etc.

Edited by: pasikuikka on Nov 11, 2009 9:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mounika,

>It would be great to be able to approve incoming new users before any actions like role assigment could take place or approve changed user information etc etc.

What makes you think you cannot have an approval task for any change? Approval tasks can be inserted at any point in the workflow.

Although primarily used for role and privilege assignments, the pending value functionality can work with any (reference) attribute.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

So,you mean that we can have this pending value functionality for any changes besides Role and Privilege assignmenst,right?

Role assignment comes when the user is already existed.But in my case the user is notyet created and i need the same pending value approval functionality in the creation task.

And pasikuikka,you got my point.

Is it possible to suspend the user creation in IC till approver approves?If yes then for which attribute i need to link that approval task?

I tried by adding the eventtask for one attribute which i'm using in the creation task,but even without approval also the user is getting created(again back to square 1).

Thanks

Mounika

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Although primarily used for role and privilege assignments, the pending value functionality can work with any (reference) attribute.

Matt, it would be great if you could provide an example out of that.

Since what version and service pack has the MX_PENDING_VALUE supported other actions than linkage between MX_PERSON and MX_ROLE?

Edited by: pasikuikka on Nov 12, 2009 8:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monuika,

Interesting example...I have not tested approvals that way, but I have some ideas and I will post them here.

Regarding Pending Value Objects, see the following from the help:

About pending value objects