cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

target languages - need to be installed via SMLT?

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

we have a unicode system and i have a an adobe form. Preinstalled are English and german language.

If i want to translate my form to another language (perhaps Fr), what steps have to be done???

I know how to translate with se63 and so on. translation to german/english and output is no problem!

I just need the requirements of my system.

I had a look at report rscpinst and transaction smlt, but i don't want to believe that i have to install the full language package just to get a french form!

is it enough to install via I18N (=rscpinst) ?? I tried and installed but form is shown in orginal language, when i debugged he found in my opinion the template but then he read table t002c and failed...

norbert

I've been debugging again and if i change at 2 places in the automatically generated FM in the debugger it works.

first:

CALL FUNCTION 'SSFRT_SET_LANGUAGES'
       EXPORTING I_CONTROL_PARAMETERS = %CONTROL_PARAMETERS
                 I_MASTERLANGUAGE     = SPACE
                 I_THRULANG           = SPACE
                 I_INSTALL_LANG       = 'X'
       IMPORTING O_LANGUAGES          = %LANGUAGES.

I_INSTALL_LANG should be space (abap_false)

afterwards:

DATA: %FLAG VALUE 'X'.
  IF %FLAG IS INITIAL. 

if the flag was set to initial it works. why did they deactivate this part of the coding???

is the template for the automatically generated fm's wrong???

where is the template for the FMs located? in my SAP System or on ADS??

Edited by: Norbert Prager on Oct 23, 2009 4:15 PM

Edited by: Norbert Prager on Oct 23, 2009 4:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Basically it should be enough if you enable the language in RSCPINST. The full installation of the language is not necessary.

Best regards,

Dezso

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi dezso,

thanks for your reply! but there is this nasty fm in the template that creats the function modlues i need for creating my forms...

CALL FUNCTION 'SSFRT_SET_LANGUAGES'

EXPORTING I_CONTROL_PARAMETERS = %CONTROL_PARAMETERS

I_MASTERLANGUAGE = SPACE

I_THRULANG = SPACE

I_INSTALL_LANG = 'X'

IMPORTING O_LANGUAGES = %LANGUAGES.

there the parameter I_INSTALL_LANG is hardcoded set.

So where can i find my template version?? on ads?? in the backend??

regards

norbert

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure whether I understand correctly. Are you looking for the template itself?

It can be found on the backend in your case. You can access it via the url:

_http://<abaphost>:<abapport>/sap/bc/fp/form/layout/<formname>.xdp?sap-client=<client>&sap-language=<languge>

the generator of the form is not a template that can be changed but a funcition module itself. Please implement SAP note: #1114987 this changes this behaviour and should fix your problem.

Best reards,

Dezso

Edited by: Dezso Pap on Oct 27, 2009 2:10 PM

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi, thanks for your efforts, but i can't find note 1114987 in service.sap.com/notes....

br

norbert

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Norbert,

I just tried it, and I can display the note without problem. Try importing it into your system with SNOTE.

Best regards,

Dezso

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks, implemented the note,

regenerated the fm (--> report FP_GENERATE_FUNCTION_MODULE) but it's still going the wrong way!!!!

what i can't understand that there is some coding that would work (beyond the lines if %flag is initial) but because %flag is set to 'X' it's impossible that tese lines will be executed!

SAP: SAPKB70013

ADS: 710.20061024154505.342190

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Norbert,

Unfortunatelly I do not have an SP13 system to check. Would it be possibble for you to open a Customer message?

Best regards,

Dezso

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

we will do it!

br

Norbert

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are going to share your solution, am I right? Thank you;)) Regards, Otto

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

done

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The licencing is somehow connected with the interfaces. The business logic and the data flow counts, the translation is the same thing as if you change a logo on the form to fit in your company materials. SAP calls this cosmetic changes. And you cannot change the logo any other way than change the layout in SFP. When you translate the layout texts (imho cannot change these texts any other way) it is the same as the logo change, just cosmetics.

You´d better check with SAP but imho there are no technical difficulties.

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi, thanks for your reply, but in my opinion you pay per form, not per interface, but i'll check this!

you can change the logo without changing the layout (either use a dynamic url or send the new logo itself to the layout), you can use dynamic texts, too. So that are no real restrictions....

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sirs, maybe I too naive about the problem, but I was asked to translate a form which was German only for our Czech customer and I have only copied a form template (sfp form) and changed all the texts needed. I dont understand why would I have to do any other customizing etc.

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

if its a interactive form it's just because of money licenses depend on number of forms, translation don't count.

but it has to work without tricks or the customers will not trust this technology....

br

norbert