cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing of invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My requirement is to print the invoices to 7 different locations for business need .Printers must be compatible for SAP Billing Document print . reason behind that to save time for manual transfer of invoices.

What options are available to route billing documents to printers.

Any pointers.

Thanks

Ashu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want the Invoice at different locations, then you will have Different plant belongs to each location.

If it is right, then in the Access sequence you can put the table with the COMBINATION of Plant and the Billing document type and In the CONDITION RECORDS maintain the Printer in that location for each printer.

Now setup the Job and process the OUTPUTS, the Invoices will drive to each printers logged against the Output type in the CONDITION RECORDS.

If you have only one Plant,, then there is no Option rather manually selecting the PRINTER(output device) while giving print.

Hope it will help,

Please liase these two options and revert back if you need any further informations.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your reply.

For condition records and maintaing printer do I need to follow VV31> then selecting the combination( plant/ billing document)> then after maintaing the record --> selecting communication icon and maintain output device here.

And i need to do it for each plat/location .

Further if there are plenty of plants and storage locations ( say 50) then what would be the case.

Thanks

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Condition records should be maintained for each and every plant/Location combination.

The printer details were maintained in the COMMUNICATION METHOD for OUTPUT type for each combination in VV33 .

There are manual records, there is no other option rather than this.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

Thanks for your reply,

Can I fulfill all the three cases. in this way

a) Printing of one invoice at one location

b)Printing of one invoice at different location--I don't think so again need to maintain condition record for billing document type for different locations and can assign different printers.

c)Printing of multiple invoices at one location.--I don't think so-again need to maintain conditin record for different billing document type and one location combination and can assign one printer here.

Thanks

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

apart from the above mentioned criterias.

Again I need to print the invoices at 7 locations (cities).

Any pointers

Thanks

Ashu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use conditions to direct the invoice printer to any printer registered in SAP. You can configure the condition records based on practically any field in the header (VBRK). In the worst case, you can also use ABAP and a user exit to specify the condition criteria. Yes, you will need to maintain condition records for every combination, but it's a one-time setup.

If you need to send an invoice to different printers simultaneously, you'll either need a separate output type for each printer or you'll need some custom program to repeat and process the output.

I'd suggest that you actually go and try set up at least one condition and one output type yourself to see how it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If I have to print the invoices to n number of locations and if this location fields does not exist in SAP then what do I need to do?

means this field location is not ib VBRK table.

Can I make the condition table with combination of billing type& location and location field is not in VBRK table.

Can I customize that field and later can I include that one in condition table?

Any pointers.

Thanks

Ashutosh

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Can I make the condition table with combination of billing type& location and location field is not in VBRK table.

> Can I customize that field and later can I include that one in condition table?

Yes to both. Either way will work, just pick whichever option is more convenient to you.

You may use a combination of several fields or may add a custom field and populate it via a user exit. Using a combination of standard fields is easier and does not require any custom programming. You'll just need to create your own access sequence and, possibly, a custom access table. This is all done in the output configuration in SPRO.

We have used a combination of billing type / Sales Org to send output to the different printers. E.g. regular invoices were printed in the warehouse but credit memos - in the AR department.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jelena,

We have used a combination of billing type / Sales Org to send output to the different printers. E.g. regular invoices were printed in the warehouse but credit memos - in the AR department.

My question is more of a business requirement question, why regular invoices were printed in the warehouse?

(did the truck drivers take the billing document with them, to ship to party location?

Print out of delivery is used in these cases)

Thank you for your post!

The sharing of practical experiences is appreciated.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

T W

When you need any additional informations related to any old thread, please create a new thread and provide the link of that old thread and post your queries so that such old threads are not pushed to top of the forum.

G. Lakshmipathi