cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Serial Numbers in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

So far I was reading the forum and I found enough answers to different small problems we had..

But now I cannot find a solution for the following.

Our company started to monitoring with Serial Numbers some products for specific plants...

One issue was to force the users to fill in the Serial Numbers for that products in the Sales Order creation (VA01). That was achieved by checking in MV45AFZZ (userexit_save_document_prepare) the field xvbap-anzsn if it is different from the quantity. So far so good..

The biggest issue that I cannot find a solution is to check if the serial number already exists in another Sales Order (SER02 table)..

probably there is an internal table like xvbap (I found that somewhere uses XSER02 which in MV45AFZZ in not recognizable) but I cannot find it..

I have seen also that in MV45AFZB exist a user exit named u201CUSEREXIT_CHECK_VBSNu201D but I donu2019t know if I could use that and how.

I would appreciate all the help that I could get.

Thank you in advance,

John B.

0 Kudos

hi i have created sales order with serial number i need to know in which table both order number and serial number will be stored

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If your concern is just to check if a serial number is already used in an existing Sales Order, you can dump VBAP .Fill in the serial number that you want to recheck in the field ANZSN, you should get the Order numbers in VBAP-VBELN that uses the given serial number.

You can also check other Serial Number Tables like SER00, SER01 to SER07.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> If your concern is just to check if a serial number is already used in an existing Sales Order, you can dump VBAP .Fill in the serial number that you want to recheck in the field ANZSN, you should get the Order numbers in VBAP-VBELN that uses the given serial number.

>

> You can also check other Serial Number Tables like SER00, SER01 to SER07.

>

> Best Regards

Hi,

thanks for the answe but I think that I am missing something here..

In field ANZSN has how many serial numbers have been entered from Extras-Technical objects. And I want to check the numbers that have been entered if they allready exist in another sales order. And for those numbers I cannot find the internal tables that they are keeping them..

But thanks anyway..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Does you system allow maintaining of duplicate serial number for a material?

If you do not want to maintain duplicate serial numbers then I would suggest to change the serial number parameter to 'unique'.

Thus user will not be able to enter a duplicate number.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi John,

>

> Does you system allow maintaining of duplicate serial number for a material?

>

> If you do not want to maintain duplicate serial numbers then I would suggest to change the serial number parameter to 'unique'.

> Thus user will not be able to enter a duplicate number.

>

> Thanks.

Hi,

I think that the uniqueness of the serial numbers are for not creating twice in the system and not for entering a serial number (Extras-Technical object) in two different Sales Order..

For sure if one sales order have been GI then the system forbid to put again the Serial Number to another Sales Order because the status fo the serial number has been change to ECUS.

BR,

John B.