cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic BPM scenario examples

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some doubts about configuration of BPM in Integration Directory, so I need some examples of basic scenarios. My doubts are related to which interfaces I have to assign to the bussiness component that represents the BPM (only the abstract ones or the normal ones too?), do I have to assign the channels to bussiness component or to the bussiness systems it exchange messages with?, how does that affect the route determined by receiver determination, sender/receiver agreement?...

If you could show me some links to examples where this is showed as clearly as possible (specially the part of the Integration Directory) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need some examples of basic scenarios.

Best example would be merging of two files to one. Basically a 2:1 mapping. Both files having a common node that would act as a correlation point.

My doubts are related to which interfaces I have to assign to the bussiness component that represents the BPM (only the abstract ones or the normal ones too?)

When you import the Integration process in ID all teh abstract interfaces reflect. No need to assign anything else. Only abstract when you are inside BPM. But you need to define relation between your Outbound/Inbound & respective abstract interfaces in ID.

+ do I have to assign the channels to bussiness component or to the bussiness systems it exchange messages with?, how does that affect the route determined by receiver determination, sender/receiver agreement? +

You need to have seperate channels for different business components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you I was confusing the business components (business interfaces in 7.0) that were used in the examples I saw with the integration process itself (in my scenario I don't have to define a business component at all).

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

As far as I know, once you import the Integration Process that you have created in the IR, all the abstract interfaces that you have defined would appear in the interfaces section.

And yes you have to create communication channels only in the sender and receiver business systems/components.

Read this blog:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3414800)ID1587130750DB01071334062206391421End...

This will make you understand the basic concepts of a ccBPM.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana