Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 question

First i have to use DMS for attaching PPT (each 2 page). No of documents need to be create is around 20.

So should i use R/3 database or Sap content server?

What's the diff between in that?

Second,

I am getting one error when i m trying to create one document.

Function "" not possible if network address is "DEFAULT"

Message no. 26163

Diagnosis

You want to change the data carrier type of your frontend computer

System Response

The system checks the variable "hostname". You can only use this function if the variable "hostname" is set for your frontend computer.

Procedure

As the variable "hostname" is not set for your frontend computer, you cannot use this function.

The data carrier type of your frontend computer is determined automatically by the system. The system uses the data carrier type for which the network address "DEFAULT" is defined.

Since the system determines the data carrier type of your frontend computer automatically, you can terminate the function.

Pl. assist what's need to be done for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

regarding your first question I would recommend you to use Content Server storage instead of database. Because the Content Server storage offers a lot of advantages against database storage.

Regarding the second issue with error message 26 163 please see the following information and check the settings in transaction DC20.

According to the error messageI would kindly ask you to check if you have also maintained a default entry for

frontendtypes under point "Identify frontend computers" by clicking on the button 'Default entry'.By making a DEFAULT entry in

this table, you can identify all standard computers for which no "HOSTNAME" variable has been maintained. Otherwise you need to maintain an entry for each front end computer.

Please also notice the information given by the info button. I hope that my information will help and thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your help.

How we can configure Sap Content Server?

Whats the effort involved?

I believe this is done by basis guy?

And how we define the path when saving the document or we need to do some config, which one?

When i attached the document to Equipment & create a PM order for that equipment, I can see the document attached in Equipment in PM order, How can i take the print of document?

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek Kumar

Answers (0)