cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI & Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We are in review of using the BI with solution manager.

I get to know that we have 2 options:

1. to use BI content that come with SAP solution manager (in different client)

2. to connect Solution Manager system to another NetWeaver BI system

Which option is the best, any impact on BI system, performance, system resource?

please advise.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please kindly have a look at this thread

Hope this helps.

Cheers

SH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SH,

thank you for the reply.

Is there any guide that I can refer to setup the BI client in solution manager step by step?

e.g. what to activate in BI client of solution manager, how is the connection suppose to configure, Solution manager as source system for BI client, etc etc.

The SAP Library unfortunately do not contains the technical information that I need.

thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I tried to search but unfortunately i can't find any document related to BI activation & configuration in solution manager (the guide & steps).

Anyone can help me & guide me here?

I need to activate the BI content in my SAP Solution Manager system. but I have only little information from SPRO.

please help. thank you in advance.

regards,

kelly

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello!

>>Which option is the best, any impact on BI system, performance, system resource?

It depends on many factors: SolMan's workload (Service Desk, ChaRM, project implementation), planning reports wich will be get on BI (information volume for example). You should perform sizing according with your needs and then decide on its result.

For test purpose you may use BI on the same system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

thanks for the reply.

If our usage on BI for Solution Manager is mainly for monitoring reporting purpose?

Can I say so that it doesn't matter which method I connect/use?

thanks

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to use the standard reporting functionality availble, then I dont think you need to connect to a seperate BI system. But if your requirement handles several custom specific reports and the number reports are high, you can always go for a seperate BI system. It always depends how you want it.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can I perform the sizing + BI usage in solution manager?

I've go through the sizing guide for Solution Manager 7.0, but it doesn't provide me the necessary detail.

For option 1, here come another concern, the BI should be in same client with Solution manager, or a client copy will better.

any guide?

thanks ...

Edited by: Lay Peng Lee on Oct 28, 2009 8:16 AM