Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW, my bdc recording screen looks totally different...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm sure I'm not the first one having this trouble. While I do the data migration. In LSMW I typed tcode "VD01" for customer master data inputs. Here comes the problem. The one I normally used "VD01". Looks totally different from the recording scene, the fields I'm supposed to input are few short than the normal ones.

Also, sap disabled CATT(SCEM) recording tool after 640 for some reason. I felt CATT are quite convenient for simple data migration but seems I can't used them anymore. Is there any other data migration ways you guys can suggest? Thanks in advance, I'm still stucked here...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Did you try Direct Input option in LSMW?

Object : 0050

Methid : 0000

Program name: RFBIDE00 ( Check the documentation on this )

Cheers

VJ

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Did you try Direct Input option in LSMW?

Object : 0050

Methid : 0000

Program name: RFBIDE00 ( Check the documentation on this )

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

yes I've tried direct input, but it's not very convenient as I can see all the fields but can't seem to get the exact one I input in VD01 screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You didn't say which fields are missing. Are they address fields. If so, you need to transfer them separately. This is mentioned in the documentation for RFBIDE00 (see the other post). There are also OSS notes related to this. See 177177, 384462 to 306275 start with. There are some others as well.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

forget about LSMW, eCATT does the job very well. Please refer to the instruction on help.sap.com .