cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Trigger thread dumps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have upgraded Solution Manager to EHP1.

In the new workcenters (SOLMAN_WORKCENTER transaction), how can I trigger java thread dumps? Before this was possible in Solution Manager Diagnostics.

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

It's exactly what I was looking for !

Thanks for help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers!

But I already have all SAP_SMWORK_* roles as Solman admin.

The 'Thread dump Analysis' function in RCA Workcenter/Offline Analysis just allows to upload a thread dump file in Solman.

Before EHP1, I was able to schedule in SMD several thread dumps during 1h per ex, in order to analyse locks etc... But I cannot find this function no more.

Best regards,

Gino

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gino,

This function is still available.

Access the Root Cause Ananlysis Work center--Choose System Analysis-Select your System---Click on 'Expert Analysis' button and then on Thread Dump analysis. In the Expert Mode, you can see a window for 'Trigger a Series of Full Thread Dumps'. There you can find the required scenario.

Hope this answers.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The look and feel of the Workcenter has changed after EHP1.

The Application is still available in expert analysis->under system analysis and they are not part of E2E analysis.(as the dumps are for post impact analysis on a specific system-memory dumps etc).

Apart from the workcenter specific roles, you need the Diagnostics roles for this specific functionality. please refer to the RCA user Administration guide.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

jagan

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would be intersted in going through the below post:

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In tcode SOLMAN_WORKCENTER, select the tab Root Cause Analysis. Make sure you have role SAP_SMWORK_DIAG assigned, to see this tab. Then in the menu on the left side, select under the header Offline Analysis, the option Thread dump analysis.

Hope this helps.