cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove UWL Action from just one item type

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to remove the "forward" action from only one item type in the UWL. There is the ability to remove an action from all items in a particular iView using "List of UWL Actions to exclude", however, I can not find out how, or if it is possible to exclude a UWL action in the XML configuration file for just one item type. We are on NWO4s sp 05. Does anyone know if this can be done and what the xml snippet would look like that would remove the "forward" action from a single item type?

Regards,

Stephanie.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try customizing that particular item type. Redefine the Action forward there with a property as shown below.

Hope it works

Kiran

<Action name="forward" handler="....what ever.." …>

<Properties>

<Property name="display_order_priority" value="uwlExcludeFromPreviewDetail"/>

</Properties>

</Action>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

The xml snippet you sent does remove the "forward" action from the UWL preview iView, but it does not remove the action from the list view. To the right of every item in the list view is the "properties" icon (unclear on the actual name of this icon - the one that has 3 small lines and a triangle). When this is clicked the "forward" option still appears. I am looking for a way to totally disable the forward option on the defaultView, but only for certain item types.

Regards,

Stephanie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you just have to enter "forward" (without the cotes and in lowercase !) in the attibute field "List of UWL Actions to exclude" of the iview you use for your iView.

Hope this is not too late