cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 04 SP16 deployed with Xalan 2.60 or Xalan 2.70

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Netweaver 04 SP16 deployed with Xalan 2.60 or Xalan 2.70

Have you tried to port and run (Sneak Preview) SAPNetWeaver java 04 SP16 or 04S SP7 with a later version on Xalan version 2.60 or Xalan version 2.70 along with jdk 1.4.2_(8 or greater)?

What specifically is failing? What patches or work around have you used to overcome compatibility issues with Xalan?

When we run Sneak Preview SAPNetWeaver java 04 SP16 SP7 with a version on Xalan version 2.60 or Xalan version 2.70 along with jdk 1.4.2_11, We get error 503 Service Unavailable, Application cannot be started

Details: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Error while parsing file “data-source-aliases.xml”.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP does not allow usage of any other XML parsers with SAP web AS.

please have a look at this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/36/ef353e39011a38e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

"Setting system properties in a system that supports more than one parser is prohibited".

The Error which you are getting is because one of the

java.system properties for parsing is

getting changed by xalan. These system properties are explictly set by the SAP XML implementation which it does not allow you to change.

Also can you please let me know where are you placing the xalan jar file ? is it deployed as a j2ee library or part of war ?

Hope this helps. please mark points for helpful answers

regards

rajesh kr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh, Thanks for your response.

In regards to your question about placing of xalan jar files; we tried both options, deployed as j2ee library, and part of war. In both cases NetWeaver Admin Console and our application did not come up simultaneously.

Message was edited by: Laxmi Rastogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi ,

Can you please let me know that are you explicitly any system properties (System.setProperty() ) for xml parsing ?

regards

rajesh kr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

We don't set system properties related directly to Xalan (except the java.endorsed.dirs to pick up Xalan 2.6 in the first place) The default parser and transform are used with Xalan 2.6.

We appreciate help you can provide.

Regards,

Laxmi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laxmi,

I'm not sure, an this is only a guess...

Try to replace Xalan 2.6 / 2.7 with Saxon and tell me whether it working. If yes, I may share my thoughts redarding this issue.

VS