cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade surpport package failed and made system programs were inconsistent

Former Member
0 Kudos

I restarted the system during upgrading SP ,which from SP9 to SP16 (Web As 640),then I couldn't run SPAM anymore,because a lot of program raised the syntax error,I guess these programs were inconsistent,how can I do to resolve it ,thank a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelvin,

if you're sure that the SP's are completely installed, try to go through transaction SGEN and generate all progams again.

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelvin

It is a rare situation which when occurred then the last step of SP application should be carefully analysed.

Normally this happens when the IMPORT phase is terminated and only some programs are imported and rest are not which leads to syntax errors in Basic transactions

Hope you had taken backup before SP applicaition as you might have to restore to the state before SP with this backup.

The method below is an try/error mthod as I said it require more detail analysis.

Check TPLOG table contents, which whould list the tp calls made by SPAM . Also check the PAT01 table for the patch status . The queue should already have been defined , can also check the trans/buffer/SID file for the entries in the queue at the time of termination

You need to try manual import of the Patch with Tp commands.

For Example if the the IMPORT phase had terminated.

you can use below command as obtained from TPLOG

tp IMPORT all SID pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP_DOMAIN_SID.PFL -Dimpdp_by_event=yes -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= -Dbuffreset=yes -Dmainimp_proc=1 -Ddictimp_proc=1 -Dbatch_proc=1 -Dstopimmediately=1 -Dactivatemerged=yes -D

Once the import phase is done then you should be able to start SPAM transaction.

Regards

Ravinder singh