cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR before Putway setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to do GR before Put away for the Item Category for an Inbound delivery ( ZELN- Relevant for Putaway) .

Can anyone knows what are the possible setting for this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done the config IMG -> Logistics General -> HUM -> Basics -> Delivery -> Define Sequence of Transfer Order - Goods Receipt,,,, but after this i can go to the TO screen from subsequent function but the moment i go it gives a error message "No items or handling units to be placed in storage could be determined" .

Is it the case that the above setting will work only if i am using HU and not otherwise?

Regards,

Samuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

You are right for this setting, but the issue with this is that Put away and GR both the buttons get activated with this and by mistake user can do put away also before GR which is not required that what i want this buttion (putaway) to be deactivated before GR. May be it is not possible with Custiomization setting will have to go with Developement for this.

Regards,

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

For the case this sequence of TO - GR is defined, it does not disallow the TO to be creating before GR. This is not an error. If you refer to the documentation of this functionality, it says :

" In this activity, you can define whether goods receipt can be posted for an inbound delivery before creating and confirming the transfer order. You maintain the settings for each warehouse number and item category of the delivery.

If the transfer order is created and confirmed after goods receipt has been posted, the user is unable to confirm quantities that deviate from those posted. "

TO should still be available for creating before GR, when the case it requires to confirm picking quantity different from the delivery. But of course, if this is the required behavior in your business environment to disallow TO creation before GR, it can be done thru modifications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find the setting from the following path:

IMG -> Logistics General -> HUM -> Basics -> Delivery -> Define Sequence of Transfer Order - Goods Receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you peter ...you are correct !

Goods movement for delivery occurs before transfer order

You can use this indicator to define whether goods receipt for an

inbound delivery should occur before or after the transfer order is

created.

This is carried out in Customizing for a combination of warehouse number

and delivery item category. An entry with an explicitly set indicator

allows the goods receipt to be posted before the transfer order is

created and confirmed.

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shailesh

In the item category setting for inbound delivery you can set whether the item is relevant for putway or not.

you can disable the check to skip putaway for item category ZELN.

Path : SPRO - logistics execution - shipping - deliveries - define item category for deliveries

search for ZELN item category and disable relevant for putaway check.

Hope it helps

Jinoy