cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom table Nr range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a situation where in we are running out of numbers for Customer sold to account group and we dont have any other number ranges available. How should i proceed? As standard SAP does not allow more than 10 digits, Can i create a custom table which takes 12 digits for number ranges?

Pls let me know, What would be the impact and pls analyze the solution and provide your I/P's

Thank you

Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm affraid you'll need to re-think your configuration. Maybe you could utilize external number assignment to make better use of the allocated ranges. Also make sure to delete (archive) the unused customer records.

It's not feasible to extend the customer number field size. This field is used everywhere, including FI. How would you expect it to work?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Identify the number range not being useor reduced lesser and having a bigger range unused. Shorten them and assign the then available numbers to new number range object. Next assign the new number range object to relevant Account Group.

Assumption: All number range has been assigned to a number range object, which is assigned to some account group.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

10 digits will be more than enough for Customer numbers.

I am surprised, that all the 10 digits ( 0000000001 - 9999999999 ) number ranges intervals have been utilised & how many account groups have been created for Customers?

Can you re-check your account groups used for Customer Master?

Zdevelopment to increase the lenght of the Customer Number (KUNNR) is not recommendable. As these numbers used in many reports/programs

wait for more inputs. hope you will get some helpful inputs from others.