cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am creating projects through cj01 i have doubt in how to add network,activity, material to the activity.

Rea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj.

For a quicker way to structure and plan the project, goto transaction CJ20N as suggested in the above posts. Open the project you have created or create a new project altogether in this transaction. In the template area of the project builder, expand the Individual objects. Here you will see all the objects like network, activity, material component, etc. that you can assign to your project by using drag and drop.

In case you are using individual transactions to structure your projects, use the following steps.

1. Create the project using CJ01.

2. Create a network using CN21. In the header data of network, give the project ID (or WBS ID) of the project you just created, under the Assignments tab page.

3. Click on the Activity overview and create the activites. Give the WBS in front of the respective activities.

4. Assign materials to the activities by selecting the activity and going to the Component overview.

5. Follow the same procedure to assign the other objects.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You create proj structure in CJ20N, CJ20.

Thansk

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

CJ20N is the better option for sure.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rea, it is more easier to create in Project Builder using Cj20N. Options are all there, if you want to copy or create a new wbs, network or activities.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You better do it using CJ20N, where in you can create project, add WBS/Network/activities/material etc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After creating the project in CJ01, you need to create Network in CN21 and assign the project/WBS in that transaction.

You can create activities and assign the materials from CN21 itself.

I would suggest you create standard structures using Tcodes, CJ91 & CN01 and create projects by copying these templates or structures. Else you can directly create projects from CJ20N.

Regards,

Kabir