Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error mesg Process chains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When i try to start the chain, get this mesgs :

in load delta 2lis_02_itm.

A type "Delete Index" process cannot follow process "Execute InfoPackage" var.ZPAK_3TQI3QDOPNIIN6ET54LYZOLZ4 in the chain

Message no. RSMPC017.

in Load Delta - 2lis_02_hdr.

A type "Activate ODS Object Data" process has to follow process "Execute InfoPackage" var.ZPAK_3TQK4YCFB55FSBCXVPE7FUBEO in the chain

Message no. RSMPC016.

Please can anyone help me with this errors, i am running shot of time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mak,

Execute infopackage include before execute infopackage. and also delete index shorld be before execute infopackage.

Do this changes... if you still getting any errors, check the setting from menu settings-->> default chains/processes -->> suggenst/do not suggenst processes. select do not suggest processes and rearrange the processes in chain.

For more info:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8f/c08b3baaa59649e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Just tell me what is your requirement, so i can tell you the order of the processes in chain.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Yeah, i am comming to the point, i have intiate a pc for

0- Start / Revised Purchasing Process chain.

1 - drop index on 2 cubes - pur_c01, c04.

2 - load data/delta 2lis_02_itm

3 - load data/delta 2lis_02_scn

4 - load data/delta 2lis_02_sgn

5 - load data/delta for RI Sched Agree Receipt - ZBW_2LIS_02_SGF

6 - load data/delta 2lis_02_scl

7 - load data/delta 2lis_02_hdr

8 - ODSO DATA / Activate purchasing ods

9 - Further Processing /Generated from odsactivate active purchasing ods

10 - Creat Index / Create Purchasing Indices.

this how i want the process chain. please help i have very less time to finish it.

also help me out with Short dump.

thanks

if its done good points will be awarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mak,

I think below infopackages are loading to ODS.

2 - load data/delta 2lis_02_itm

3 - load data/delta 2lis_02_scn

4 - load data/delta 2lis_02_sgn

5 - load data/delta for RI Sched Agree Receipt - ZBW_2LIS_02_SGF

6 - load data/delta 2lis_02_scl

7 - load data/delta 2lis_02_hdr

2. 2 - load data/delta 2lis_02_itm and activate ODS. Means it contains 2 processes(1st one to load data into it and 2nd one activation).

Same for reamainig all 3,4,5,6,7 two processes(one for loading and 2nd one activation of ODS).

Here two ways of modeling available.

1. any data coming from these data sources directly pushing into CUBE(further update) or

2. Load all the data from these data sources into one ODS and make ODS as data mart and create one more info package to load data(delta/selective full) from this ODS to CUBE.

<u>for 1st process:</u>

As i said before... from menu setting --->> default chains -->> check the check box for suggest processes.

1. Create a Start Variant.

2. Create a Process to delete indexes from the target CUBE.

3. Choose your infopackage, 1st one(load data/delta 2lis_02_itm) and drag and drop to right side, you will get by default 3 processes(Load data, activate ODS, and further Processing). Connect these processes to start process.

4. Now do the same for 2nd infopackage(load data/delta 2lis_02_scn) again you will get 3 processes, same as above. connect to previous processes on success.

5. Repeate the same for remaining data sources.

6. Create process for createing indexes to the CUBE.

Process chain is ready.

<u>For 2nd Process:</u>

1. Create a Start Variant.

2. No Need to delete the indexes at this Position.

3. Choose your infopackage, 1st one(load data/delta 2lis_02_itm) and drag and drop to right side, you will get by default 3 processes(Load data, activate ODS, and further Processing). Connect these processes to start process. But remove the 3rd process(right click and remove process).

4. Repeate same for all reaminging data sourses.

5. Now generate experted data source from this ODS and create a infopackage.

6. Now to do the same thing to load the data from this ODS to CUBE. Drag and drop infopackage, you willg get 3 processes(delete indexex, load data, created indexex). connect to the previos processes.

For any more info, dont hasitate reply back.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Very Informative.

I problem is i am doing it for the first time, and trying to modify the existing Process chain.

So, it will be of great help if you walk through Step -by -step.

if you can forward you mail id , i can attach the existing process chain dia to you, from their you can review and help me out, and also i need to know how to add a infocube to the existing 2- drop Indexes variant and can walk me through, its will be of great help, i am really in fix.

thank you.

hope u understand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mak,

Srini

Message was edited by: Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Please Help.

This is error mesges while chkg the Process chains in red

Process variant DROPINDEX ZPAK_3TQI3QDOPNIIN6ET54LYZOLZ4 does not exist in version A

Message no. RSPC097

InfoPackage ZPAK_3TQS8Q35H98D94BVGT6163MTC is generated; NOT able to be used as loading variant

Message no. RSMPC159

after activating the update rules.

A type "Activate ODS Object Data" process cannot precede process "Execute InfoPackage" var. ZPAK_3TQS8Q35H98D94BVGT6163MTC in thechain

Message no. RSMPC013

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srini,

For comming forward to help, I appreiciate it.

I am stuck at the transport know the problem is i request has error code 8 and its with the 0pur_c04 not transported to BWQ, maybe you need more info on this!!.

i will try to send the error text its too long..

thank you very much once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I am non Finance guy, new to BW also.

So, I have to Work on the Indirect spend Project From the scratch, so, please help in really going about the whole Project.

Matbe i can send you the spec(which are very high level at this movement).

Thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can someone give a step by step procedure to change the arrangment, and also please let me know how to add a data target in to the process chain.

tahnks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mak,

What you can do is, first remove the links between all the processes. Then Your start process has to be linked with deleting index process type ( Just drag and drop from the start process to index deleting process ). Then you have to link the IP loading process and then build index again. If you are loading into ODS, ODS activation step has to be ffollowed after the IP execution. You can link two processes in three ways.

1. Only if previos process is success

2. Only if previous process fails

3. In any case.

so use any option which suits ur requirement and create the process chain. Hope this helps

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

very usefull, please can be more elobrative, i am new to this issue and i dont won't to make any mistake, i am working in bw development system.

your help will be of great help to me.

thanks

point will be awarded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram maybe if u can give me ur id i can send the current PC as attachment.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mak,

The first error message is becasue, deleting index before you load is the normal process. You have arranged in the reverse order, that is, you have placed the delete index after the execute infopackage. Reverse them it should solve the first error.

The secodn error is because, you have used an ODS and then an update to a cube probably. In this case, the data in the ODS needs to be activated to upload to the cube. so place that process type for activating ODS data. This should solve the second error.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe these are just warning messages - when you check your chain they likely only appear in yellow. But they sometimes make good suggestions.

The first message is saying you'd want to delete the indices from a cube BEFORE loading data into it, not after. After the load is complete, then re-create the indices.

The second message is saying that if you're loading data into an ODS object, you probably want to activate the data somewhere else in the chain after the load data step. Otherwise the data is not available for reporting, or loading into subsequent InfoProviders.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answers is useful but , what is the solution to run my process chain(its not execcuting).

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you click "Activate and Schedule" are those messages warnings (in yellow)? Or are they errors (in red)?

Those sound like warnings I've received before - if they are warnings your chain should still execute anyway... click on the log view and see if it is running after you choose "Activate and Schedule" (to the right of the matchstick).

Also make sure your starter is set to run immediately. After you activate and schedule, then you can check in SM37 to see if a BI_PROCESS_TRIGGER job was created under your ID.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the information,looks like they are errors as you seem to be unable to run the process chain..

I am adding to information given by Chris..

1.For the first error/warning,rearrange the nodes of the process chain.I believe you have placed delete indexes step after the infopackage step.Move the delete index node and place it before the infopackage.After the infopkg node place the create indexes node.

2.For the 2nd error/warning,I think u are loading to an ODS through the infopackage.But u havent placed a 'activate ODS' step after the infopackage.Add this node after the infopackage node by GREEN arrow(so that it will kick off only if infopackage load to ODS is successful).

If u do not place 'activate ODS' step ODS activation will not happen in chain,even if u have ticked 'automatic ODS activation' checkbox in the ODS settings.

cheers,

Vishvesh