cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Product and Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In transaction 'Commpr01' product master, Products as well as Service could be created.

What is the different between product of type "Material" and product of type "Service" in this transaction 'commpr01'.

I know basicall "Materials" are of physicall products but "Service" is not physicall products.

Other than that I could not figure out whats the difference. I see a "Service for" tab in the relationship. What would be entered..

Can someone explain me how we create a Product of type "Service" and what values we fill with a scenarion

Thanks

Jothi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We maintain 'General Data' and 'Relationships' for a Service type Product. In 'Service For' under 'Relationships' we maintain the Product details for which this Service is being provided. This typically happens in case of Plant Maintenance.

Material is of physical in nature but Serive is something which is applied on where in part of company's business is providing (selling) Service. Ex: Mobile phone services.

Thanks.

Ajay Kiran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically they are used to differenciate two different kind of objects being used in business processes.

By this differnciation, if you like or business situation demands, you can maintain different set of infomration. In hitech or industry dealing with costly machines or where lot of maintenance business there, here Services will be central object for service orders, hours booking etc.

Relationship can be like maintenance service for stamping machine. Stamping machine can be another physical material.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Kripa