cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display name doesn't change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone guide/suggest me why the display name is not getting changed????

Day before yesterday i changed my First name and Last name but i couldn't change my display name.... I thought like if the first and last name get change then automatically display would change !!!! but it failed.

If i want to change the display name what kind of procedure/process/rules i should follow.... plz guide me on this........

Thanks in advance,

Vishnu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We will not be able to change the display name as this option is made unavaialbe to the users. If you want to change your display name, create a new account with your desired display name and send a e-mail to sdn@sap.com requesting them to merge the two accounts.

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikranth,

But i have seen some of the users have changed their display name, they haven't mailed to anyone it was done automatically after some time.

plz see this [] link.

They have changed........ i dont know how cum they changed......... y i couldn't change...........

Thanks n waiting for solution............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The option was available before for the users to change the display name. But now it seems the SAP's legal group had made this feature disabled for the users.

Check the reply from the SAP network team when i asked this query

Hi Vikranth, 
You can not change your own display name any more. SAP's legal group had us stop this. 

Kind Regards, 
Aruna Gundelli 
SAP Network Team 

Hi Vikranth , 
Yes, you can create a new account with your desired display name then we can transfer your points and posts. 
After creating new user id please write back to us specifying your old and new user id's . 

Kind Regards, 
Aruna Gundelli 
SAP Network Team 

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikranth,

Thanks for your reply..... If i create a new account then hw abt my old account whether the posts and other details which i posted will be with the old display name or it will also get changed to new one????

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes all the posts and points will be transfer to your new account. Even the old posts will be changed to the new display name.

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

> plz see this [] link.

>

>

> They have changed........ i dont know how cum they changed......... y i couldn't change...........

>

> Thanks n waiting for solution

That thread is more than 4 years old. This feature is no longer available because people misused it. The name must also be unique now.

Also, of your 25 questions 22 are unresolved. Does this have something to do with you not wanting to display your real name anymore?

Cheers,

Julius