Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify activity transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am using mySAP crm 5.0

I need to modify/create a new business activity type with additonal fields (Eg need one new date field and one free text field).

Acitivity should also be able to allow products entry.

How do I go about doing this in SPRO ?

Ani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anirudh,

There are different approaches suited for different types of enhancements.

To emphasize my point, take a look at following examples:

you need to use EEWB (easy enhancement workbench) for add a free text field.

To add a new date field you need to add a new date-type to the activity's date profile.

I would be able to help you further if you state exact enhancement needs.

Best Regards,

Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaushal,

I have a scenario where in I am importing activity data from an external system. The external system has three dates one of which is "Course date" which I need to create.

Secondly I also need to create a field for "course information" which will be free text.

The external source has one more type of activity in which products are invloved so I need an option to enter products within the activity.

Ani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirudh,

1. Date: Create a new date type (Course date) and add it to the date profile assigned to the activity transaction type.

Follow <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/18/32fe660ac211d4973b00a0c92f27cb/content.htm">Dates in Activity</a> for details regarding date management in activities.

2. Text: Course information can be created as a text in the activity.

Follow <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/0b/902238d985c328e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm">activity texts</a> for detailed information for maintaining texts for activities.

3. Use activity items and assign products to activity items.

Let me know if you need further help.

Reward points if you find this helpful.

Regards

Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaushal,

I was sucessfully able to create the date field. Thanks for that.

Regarding point 2, I do not what to create a new text type. Rather I want to create a new field of type char and length 20. I want to add this below the description field. How do I do this?

I am aslo not sure as to how to use activity items. I cannot find any standard activty types with items that I can copy from. Could you expand on it. Maybe I am missing something here.

Appreciate your help and patience.

Regards

Ani