cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor the volume usage/month in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

quick question, is there a central location/ other transactions that can get me access to:

1. volume of messges in and out of PI (on a montly basis).

2. size of these message,

3.Database consumption

Can I view it as a graph (If at all this is possible)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Is there option called RWB----->Performance Monitoring

Select your Time Interval : Either select any one like This Month,Last month,This Year or Last year...

and Select the "Display Option"

Select the either sender & Receiver Services or Interfaces for your understanding.Select the Start Button & Refresh Display,

If you want to download to Excel sheet, There is option called Download.

Thanks,

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

YES, Certainly RWB->Performance Monitoring is good option to get the overview of the workload statistics.

But I would strongly recommend configuring EarlyWatch Alerts such that you get to know all Business Interfaces Workload distribution in detail. Ofcourse, EWA are more frequent as per Week based.

Refering to EarlyWatch Alert, not only helps on findings the load distribution but also helps in understanding different critical resource utilization and recommendations accordingly. Apart from this, if you try fetch performance details for last 30 days from RWB->Performance Monitoring, it will certainly overloads/consumes high resource utilization and that can cause of system slowness (if it's production enviroment).

Regards

Sekhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you requested, the EarlyWatch Alert report covers

1. # of messages for week (that you can multiple for month)

2. Average messages size

3. Database growth

And many more features.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u so much guys,

Sekhar,

I'd like to know and learn more about these EWA's can you give me links on where i can get more info on this , Also does it require a differenct configuration totally?

Thanks,

Hank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hank,

Happy that my inputs helping you.

For implementing EWA (EarlyWatch Alerts) reports, you need to have SAP Solution Manager implemented in your environment.

if it's already implemented, then you required to configure to receive EWA reports on regular base (7 days once).

If Solution Manager not yet implemented then follow the steps below:

Pre-requisite - I presume you have OSS connection established with SAP Service Market Place.

Loging to PI

Transaction SDCCN

choose Create or F6

Choose 'Request Session Data' (REQUEST_DATA)

Choose 'Periodic' for EarlyWatch Alert report

Then It uses, OSS connection to send the request to SAP and then SAP will respond you back.

Please refer to below links to know what EWA reports are:

http://www.sap.com/services/pdf/50040344s.pdf

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnk u very much,

Appreciate your help

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for those details you can check Performence monitoring in Runtime workbench.

according to our interface, date and time you can get message size and time.

Thanks

Sivaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hankavok,

In order to monitor performance parameters in XI, The performance monitoring tab in Runtime Workbench is a good option.

Regards,

Gautam Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use SXMS_XI_AUDIT_DISPLAY report for for volume and size or you can get it from runtime workbench --> performance monitoring,

for database you can get it from NWA reports (graph is also there) , otherwise you can check it from CCMS or OS level.