Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct integration between two xi boxes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the following scenario -

R3 > XI1> XI2--> R3 ( ECC 5.0 )

I do know that the correct way to integrate XI to XI box is to use XI adapters. I also see use of virtual receivers suggested in some other threads. Is virtual receivers available in XI 3.0 SP 23 ?

If so, what are the steps needed to do the above ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a doubt , why you need a scenario likethis

R/3 --> XI 1 ---> XI2 -

> R/3

why can't you use

R/3 -

> XI -

> R/3

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For two XI boxes to communicate, you need to create the RFC destinations in both the boxes.

Go to SM59 ---> Create RFC destination of HTTP connection to ABAP system (Type H)

Give all the required details, and check the connection test.

Once your HTTP destination is ready, give that in your XI channel in ID.

Regards,

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it both the box are in same organization use XI adapter/File adapter and if both the box are belongs to different organization use SOA architecture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I do know that I am going to use XI adapter to achieve this. I wanted to know steps to configure in the two xi boxes, since - there is no interface determination and mapping involved inbetween the two boxes.

Please provide details if you know - regarding config steps in both the xi boxes.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Your scenario in landscape 1 would be

R/3 to XI adapter (You can use Proxy/RFC/IDOC to communicate from R/3).

Configure the receiver XI adapter as follows:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/0a1640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Your scenario in landscape 2 (If you own the development in that system also).

XI Adapter to R/3 (You can use Proxy/RFC/IDOC on the receiver side)

Configure the sender XI adapter as follows:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/4f/0a1640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi - thanks for your suggestions

I basically used a receiver agreement in xi1 to point to xi2 - with the path prefix /sap/xi/engine?type=entry ( instead of receiver as the end point - which we use to point to SAP application systems /Integration engines ) . No interface mapping in the interface determination since target message from xi1 is the same as the input message into xi2.

After that, I defined a receiver determination in xi2 - with the source system - being the sending ERP system ( ERP1 ) and receiver being ERP2 -system and relevant interface mapping included in interface determination here.

This works fine as I push a message from ERP1 and it goes smoothly into ERP2 - flowing through the two xi boxes.