Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Definition Configuration read-only in SE80 in NW ABAP

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a service definition in NW ABAP 7.01 based on BAPI. I included the BapiServiceTransactionCommit method, but when I call it after the main method call, the commit does not take effect. I suppose that I should set it in Configuration tab of service definition in SE80 by changing the option buttons associated with nodes Commit Handling and Transaction Handling.

However, the option buttons are read-only and I don't know how to enable them.

Does anybody know what shall I do?

KR,

Igor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

Have you really resolved this issue?

Please kindly confirm and explain what you've done to resolve it again.

Thanks.

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, all,

I resolved it (or worked around, depends on how you look at it) by choosing the Synchronous Commit option for my normal BAPI operation (in my case, BankChange ) and not using BapiTransactionCommit at all.

The trick was that on each service change one has to delete both endpoint in SOAMANAGER and service in SICF manually (although in my opinion SICF service should go away automatically). Then, the client proxy needs to be deleted and created again too. The only thing that I didn't have to delete/create was client proxy logical port. I'll try now with transaction handling and let you know the result.

KR,

Igor

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

It seems that setting Operation Profile radiobuttons Synchronous, Synchronous Commit and Synchronous Rollback affects the read-only options for Commit Handling and Transaction Handling. Some of them are affected by other Profile settings (like Stateful Communication).

However, I don't know which combination of configuration settings will make my BAPI function commit. Do I need to recreate the client proxy every time I change configuration of service?

Any experiences?

Thanks in advance!

KR,

Igor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In our system, Operation Profile is set to 'Synchronous Commit' and Commit handling is set to 'DoCommit'. It is working with Operation call 'BapiTransactionCommit'.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

While definiing Web Service from BAPI, you have to select operation BapiTransactionCommit. After the main operation call, you should call this operation with parameter WAIT = 'X'. Now, the Commit should take effect.

Thanks,

Venu

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Venu,

Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

KR,

Igor